Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Personal Best...

You were able to get 35mph in 10°F? That's pretty impressive. How long was the total flight time that you had in those temperatures?

You were able to get 35mph in 10°F? That's pretty impressive. How long was the total flight time that you had in those temperatures?

Edited for clarity.
The Spark was stable enough in 35mph winds for the 360° photo.
Funny you should ask about the battery.
Had I remained stationary after the photo, the battery was reporting 18:00 minutes.
But I did a hyperlapse video from the flight and got close to 14 minutes

Something sounds strange with the battery reporting 18min of flight time. I would love to see that!
I wish I would have had screen cap app installed.

I shook the phone/ Rx like an old radio - this ain't right! :D
I think it was the cool temperature that threw it off.

I fly in temps around 5°-32° here in NY State and did notice a little better battery life but nothing like 18 min. I would read the flight logs and see if there is any cell deviation or other issue with that battery.

I fly in temps around 5°-32° here in NY State and did notice a little better battery life but nothing like 18 min. I would read the flight logs and see if there is any cell deviation or other issue with that battery.

A misread within the app for sure.
I know I saw 18 because I was surprised at the reading.
But that was during a pano and reading the log during that time shows 11.296v
I scrolled through the log looking at Cell Deviation - 0

So you flew in 34mph winds and had no issue? Very interesting since the supposed top speed is 31.5mph
Could that mean the spark always holds just a little power back in case of a large wind gust? I have been thinking of editing the config file to go into Sport++ mode just in case of high winds.

So you flew in 34mph winds and had no issue? Very interesting since the supposed top speed is 31.5mph
Could that mean the spark always holds just a little power back in case of a large wind gust? I have been thinking of editing the config file to go into Sport++ mode just in case of high winds.

*Based on the readings of UAV Forecast at the time.
And I have gotten up to 36.5mph before...without mods
20180118_171218000_iOS.jpg

That's awesome thank you for the update information
I would assume you had a little bit of a Tailwind to help get you up to that amazing top speed.

Did you happen to notice any extreme angles in the craft while flying it such high wind,? Also did you happen to notice any y'all errors in your flight log?

Did you happen to notice any extreme angles in the craft while flying it such high wind,? Also did you happen to notice any y'all errors in your flight log?

No errors in the flight log.
And yes, looked like the craft was going crazy up there but the sphere and video were flawless.

How did you do this? I would love to be able to change that parameter.

Setup DJI Assistant 1.1.2 with the beginning of this video:

Once you are connected, go to basic settings with controller connected
Select remote controller then Control EXP
There around the green shape are the settings for YAW, ascent rate, descent rate and angle max.

Remember, there are two modes to set.

Also, this will slow your 180 pano rate.
When the Spark reaches the far left and swings right, it will be much slower.
Anything related to YAW will be slowed.

Reactions: leatherneck6017
Setup DJI Assistant 1.1.2 with the beginning of this video:

Once you are connected, go to basic settings with controller connected
Select remote controller then Control EXP
There around the green shape are the settings for YAW, ascent rate, descent rate and angle max.

Remember, there are two modes to set.

Also, this will slow your 180 pano rate.
When the Spark reaches the far left and swings right, it will be much slower.
Anything related to YAW will be slowed.
Amazing, many thanks! Out of curiosity, what did you settle on for degrees per second? I see it can go as low as 30.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme