Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

"Pano stitching failed" help.

Fid

Join
Nov 19, 2017
Hey guys. I took a few shots using pano mode, only 3 out of 10 were successfully stitched. The rest had error saying "Pano stitching failed, individual pictures are stored"
Reading that error message, I am guessing the spark managed to capture the shots required (pano folders does have those shots) for the pano mode, is there any way I can stitch or recover the panoramic shot?

Forget the onboard stitching and the DJI media maker as well. Download Microsoft ICE (FREE!!) and use that.
Beats the others hands down.

Hi Fid.
As of yesterday, the new firmware helped imprpve Pano stitching but i cant confirm how much!

Forget the onboard stitching and the DJI media maker as well. Download Microsoft ICE (FREE!!) and use that.
Beats the others hands down.
Thanks! Will look into that.
Hi Fid.
As of yesterday, the new firmware helped imprpve Pano stitching but i cant confirm how much!
So the new firmware is able to stich all the failed pano photos taken before yesterday too?

I wouldnt like to say as I havent used it, just making you aware. Personally I'd try the microsoft route above on a laptop!

I wouldnt like to say as I havent used it, just making you aware. Personally I'd try the microsoft route above on a laptop!
Ok, will try both. Will do it when I'm back from my trip and probably post the results here. Thank you!

To OP, I never got ICE to work with stitching photos. Extracting a pano from video rocks though with ICE.

Also, there might be very windy conditions aloft causing the Spark not to stop where it should for a proper picture to stitch.
Use UAV Forecast app to see how strong the winds are at the altitude you are flying.
Both available on iTunes and Google Play Store.

The individual images are stored on the SD card. Load them into ICE from there and the results are excellent. You even have options as to type of distortion or removing distortion. You can even just shoot a series of images so long as they overlap and stitch them in ICE.
Remember also that in Tripod mode, the gimbal will look upward.

Thanks to all of you for your replies and suggestions. As I'm currently still in my trip, I can only get ICE when I'm back home. Seems like an awesome software, based on your replies. Will definitely check it out.

Just to share with members here. Being a noob, I didn't know there is a software that can stich photos until you guys mentioned ICE, so I simply searched "pano stitching" in the app store and I found a few. I tried the Bimostich app, and it works! Great temporary solution for me until I get the ICE software.

Being a noob, I didn't know there is a software that can stich photos until you guys mentioned ICE,

Me neither.
Check out this thread and watch the video.

My very first attempt and I was very pleased.:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit