Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

OTG

RackoTech

Join
Mar 21, 2018
Hwy, New guy here.. A quick one.. When I connect the Remote to my Phone OTG, do I turn off the WIFi?.. Or leave it on?.. Do I need a phone with cellular connection aside from the OTG or just the OTG, no cellular or Wifi connections need to be on?..

Thanks!..

Hwy, New guy here.. A quick one.. When I connect the Remote to my Phone OTG, do I turn off the WIFi?.. Or leave it on?.. Do I need a phone with cellular connection aside from the OTG or just the OTG, no cellular or Wifi connections need to be on?..

Thanks!..
Hi, welcome,
The answer is yes turn off WIFI since you won’t be using it to connect to your remote. When I was using an OTG, the only time I left WIFI on was when the app had updates to install. So using wifi to connect to the internet made it easy to do the updates, not having to turn it on, turn it off etc.
Cellular is not needed for GPS, and not needed to fly your new Spark. Although having it will give you the advantage of be able to see your physical location and the drone’s on a 3D map. It really makes flying easier to have cellular.
I don’t have it at this time, but most likely will get it someday.
I do hope this answers your questions.
Plenty of knowledgeable Spark Pilots here.
Cheers.

Thanks!..

You should know that OTG is not officially supported by DJI at this time for the Spark.

Various folks have had some measure of success depending on device, GO4 app version, and other factors...

But, the general consensus seems to be that at this time, OTG is more hassle than it's worth.

Thanks, yes I was aware that is not supported for the Spark, but some people is saying just ti disregard the notice and it will connect anyway.. I am learning now that it might be more of a hassle.. People said that OTG is better because the connection is more robust than WiFi.. Thanks for your valuable advice..

Just sneaking in...

Hello from the Mid-West, RackoTech.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Thanks Spark 317.. Enjoying my Spark by the minute.. I would to fly it in the country side.. Too many buildings and class b Aerospace areas in Miami by where I live.. [emoji3]

For sure you do not need cellular,, OTG works just fine for IOS,,(only),, when connecting ensure, wifi, blue tooth is off, and to be sure also place device in Airplane Mode.. I fly all the time with OTG and have no issues, quick connect and fly off. However the OTG only improves connectivity between the RC and mobile device, this does not improve distance at all..

Reactions: Ron_Dog
For sure you do not need cellular,, OTG works just fine for IOS,,(only),, when connecting ensure, wifi, blue tooth is off, and to be sure also place device in Airplane Mode.. I fly all the time with OTG and have no issues, quick connect and fly off. However the OTG only improves connectivity between the RC and mobile device, this does not improve distance at all..

So its worth getting the OTG for ISO? if so which do you recommend from amazon? my spark should be with me tomorrow, i'm not planning on flying it far but i want to be ready for when i do

So its worth getting the OTG for ISO? if so which do you recommend from amazon? my spark should be with me tomorrow, i'm not planning on flying it far but i want to be ready for when i do
In all honesty,,,, I Fly OTG and sometimes Wi-Fi and it is hard to tell the difference. All OTG does is improve connectivity between the RC and Mobile device and not easy to see a difference on the video. For sure get an OTG cable and give it a try..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe