Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

OTG CABLE PROBLEM.

RoyL

Join
Apr 13, 2018
Hi all I have just got a otg cable for my Spark and Samsung galaxy s8. All connected the only problem was I had no height, distance or battery level. It just said N/A .
I had a good connection and when the battery was low I got a verbal notification. Any ideas or has anyone had the same problem.
The otg cable is a one piece. Micro usb too usb c.

You need to be on DJI GO 4 4.2.12 version.
If you're not sure, open app.. tap "Me" in lower right corner..then tap cog/gear in upper right corner.
Some of the values will not show unless craft is started and has gps lock.

Reactions: MannyCAM2001
If you're not sure, open app.. tap "Me" in lower right corner..then tap cog/gear in upper right corner.
I have checked this it says 4.2.8 is the latest version?

Hi all I have just got a otg cable for my Spark and Samsung galaxy s8. All connected the only problem was I had no height, distance or battery level. It just said N/A .
I had a good connection and when the battery was low I got a verbal notification. Any ideas or has anyone had the same problem.
The otg cable is a one piece. Micro usb too usb c.
Go to your settings on your Samsung then go to Wi-Fi and then hold your battery button on your drone in for 9 seconds until it connects to your phone then turn on your controller when you have a green light on your controller hook up your cable and everything should work

Go to your settings on your Samsung then go to Wi-Fi and then hold your battery button on your drone in for 9 seconds until it connects to your phone then turn on your controller when you have a green light on your controller hook up your cable and everything should work
As far as i understand this is not the question (!). The problem is just a djigo4 software issue...

i WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW TO FIND ALL THESE DIFFERENT APPS

I think it's okay to have a lot of these OTG theads. It's really the only real issue there is with the Spark, and most of the other threads are really pretty lame. Examples would be stuff like: "What did you name your Spark", "Show off a picture of your Spark" " I flew my Spark 2 feet above the ocean in Mexico, and now I can't find it anywhere" "I ignored the battery warning on my Spark, and it fell 400 feet from the sky. Did anyone else have this problem?" You get the idea.

Reposting in more appropriate thread.

Having a strange issue. On my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2. Tried 3 different cables and I am getting a USB connect flash screen on and off rapidly. This didn't he same infor an S9, and a new Tab 3. But on a different Tab 3 it worked no issue.
I have a screen record of it. I'll post it up later.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Having a strange issue. On my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2. Tried 3 different cables and I am getting a USB connect flash screen on and off rapidly. This didn't he same infor an S9, and a new Tab 3. But on a different Tab 3 it worked no issue.

Any ideas ?

Thanks
Had the sale issue with a Galaxy A5 2016 with then very fast battery drain. No problem so far with S7 or Motorola X. Pretty sure you can definitely consider this Tab 2 device as uncompatible with RC throught otg. No solution unless wifi.

Had the sale issue with a Galaxy A5 2016. No problem so far with S7 or Motorola X. Pretty sure you can definitely consider this device as uncompatible throught otg. No solution unless wifi.
Crazy I know.
And can not explain why one S3 works and one doesn't. Same firmware, same OS.

May factory reset and try again. Did not work on the S2 running Android 7.0

Any ideas ?

Thanks
My Galaxy Tab S2 was also tricky. The ONLY way I found to connect with OTG involved a complete shut down and reboot of it. If I by mistake shut down the GO4 app it would not connect again without another full reboot. This is someting just for this model of tab. My old Galaxy S5 phone worked alright as well as my new Huawei phone.

My Galaxy Tab S2 was also tricky. The ONLY way I found to connect with OTG involved a complete shut down and reboot of it. If I by mistake shut down the GO4 app it would not connect again without another full reboot. This is someting just for this model of tab. My old Galaxy S5 phone worked alright as well as my new Huawei phone.
I will try that and see if I can make it work.
Frustrating to say the least.

Special shout out to Koffe for the tip.
Got it fully working (connect, no flight time yet)
Here is the sequence I use.

AC on
RC on connect to AC (green light)
Tablet on (non host connected)
Connect Host end of OTG to RC. Confirm it is connected by charging indicator.
Restart Tablet, and let boot finish.
Open DJI Go app. Will get USB prompt for DJI app to use USB
Will get WAN change notice (I had no internet connection)
DJI Go will boot and Go Fly is active.

I will try and do short test flight this week to test connectivity.

On side note, Google play showed the 4.2.12 update for my phone but tablet showed 4.2.8. I went over to APKmirror and they had the latest update.

Thanks for the help

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit