Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

OTG cable for iPad Mini 4?

Sparky2018

Join
Apr 14, 2018
Can someone school me on the OTG cable? Is this cable used as a direct link from phone/tablet to the R/C for better image transmission, etc? I just bought an iPad mini 4 to use with my Spark but if the quality of flight is improved with this cable, I'd surely invest in one. Thanks in advance for any information.

Doug

Is this cable used as a direct link from phone/tablet to the R/C for better image transmission, etc?
When not using an OTG cable, your mobile device connects to your remote controller via Wi-Fi. So, the cable eliminates that connection and gets rid of one potential cause of interference. If you're having trouble with your connection, try turning off Bluetooth on your mobile device before switching to an OTG cable.

If you'd like to try an OTG cable, this 11" Lightning cable would be a good choice.
51-Srq4mQdL.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Andrew Shively
When not using an OTG cable, your mobile device connects to your remote controller via Wi-Fi. So, the cable eliminates that connection and gets rid of one potential cause of interference. If you're having trouble with your connection, try turning off Bluetooth on your mobile device before switching to an OTG cable.

If you'd like to try an OTG cable, this 11" Lightning cable would be a good choice.
View attachment 4706

Thank you for the response and link. If that cable improves information transmission and quality of flight, it would be a worthwhile investment for me. Thanks again!

Si funciona no tendras problemas te funciona bien.pone en modo avión para no tener interferencia

I too have the same setup. I just tried my OTG cable for the first time last weekend and everything was smooth. I do wonder though if putting my iPad into Airplane Mode would yield any better results.

If you live in Europe, I will definitely recommend to use a OTG cable.

I am using a IPad mini 4 with OTG cable to get the best possible range and connection.

Remember to turn on air plane mode.

I've noticed it's kind of hit and miss lately with lag when connected to Wi-Fi for some reason. Does anyone know if the OEM OTG DJI goggles cable will work for hooking up the controller to my iPad mini? I'm thinking of going this route and using the Lightning cable that came with my iPad mini to hook into that cable, then to my iPad. I just want to get rid of the lag and have the clearest screen as possible.

I use a mini - the trick to 100% good stuff is the order you power/connect up - do it in this order and it works every time:

1. Start Controller
2. Start Spark
3. Wait for Green connect light on Controller
4. Put iPad in Airplane Mode
5. Start DJI application - let if fully load.
6. Connect Cable to iPad
7. Connect Cable to Controller
8. If you get error message about cable support, dismiss it.
9. Click blue "Ready for Flight" and you are good to go.

To change batteries, jut power down Spark, replace battery and power it back on. Wait for GPS connection / Home Point established and you are ready to fly again.

I use a mini - the trick to 100% good stuff is the order you power/connect up - do it in this order and it works every time:

1. Start Controller
2. Start Spark
6. Connect Cable to iPad

To change batteries, jut power down Spark, replace battery and power it back on. Wait for GPS connection / Home Point established and you are ready to fly again.

Thank you very much for these operation steps. I will definitely take note of them. I was probably doing it wrong this whole time, but I'd start the Spark first and then the R/C... wait for the green light, then start the app. But this was when connecting to wifi. I just ordered my DJI Goggles OTG cable this morning and am looking forward to trying this out. Thanks again!

1. Start Controller
2. Start Spark
6. Connect Cable to iPad

The error message “this not being supported”, does anyone continue to get this message throughout the flight?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit