Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

No Wifi Network From Spark RC

MakenaN

Join
Dec 2, 2017
Hi,
I got the Spark first, and it works fine when using the iphone 7 as controller. I then purchased a Spark RC, and couldn't get it to pair with my phone because there was no Wifi network for the controller. DJI sent me a replacement, and I'm having the same issue. I've tried all the various resetting combinations, but nothing is working. What is the fix?

Thank in advance!

Hi,
I got the Spark first, and it works fine when using the iphone 7 as controller. I then purchased a Spark RC, and couldn't get it to pair with my phone because there was no Wifi network for the controller. DJI sent me a replacement, and I'm having the same issue. I've tried all the various resetting combinations, but nothing is working. What is the fix?

Thank in advance!

Did you read in the manual how to do it?

Check your phone and make sure you have not changed the settings forcing a 2.4 or 5.8 GHz connection. To me it sounds like the RC is using 5.8 and your phone can only see 2.4 networks.

Im actually having the same issue. Got the flymore package and it was factory paired and working fine orignally. After an RC firmware update, i lost the link and now also no wifi signal. All resetting and key combination presses resulted in nothing. RC powers on but essentially seems like its been "bricked".

It otherwise still works fine with direct connection from phone to drone. Rc to drone, and rc to phone does not work.

If i figure out any solutions, ill report back. Might be sending it back to dji also for replacement.

Last edited:
Reactions: MakenaN
Open app up, and on first page before fly look at bottom left corner where it would say connected, and follow all instructions. This should fix your issue. If need more help let me know.

Check your phone and make sure you have not changed the settings forcing a 2.4 or 5.8 GHz connection. To me it sounds like the RC is using 5.8 and your phone can only see 2.4 networks.

Thanks for your response :) My phone successfully hits our home network's 2.4 and 5GHz connections.

Im actually having the same issue. Got the flymore package and it was factory paired and working fine orignally. After an RC firmware update, i lost the link and now also no wifi signal. All resetting and key combination presses resulted in nothing. RC powers on but essentially seems like its been "bricked".

It otherwise still works fine with direct connection from phone to drone. Rc to drone, and rc to phone does not work.

If i figure out any solutions, ill report back. Might be sending it back to dji also for replacement.
Thank you!

Thanks for your suggestions but my problem is the wifi for the controller is not showing up on my iPhone 7... Is there any way to make my controllers wifi show on my phone?

Hi,

Thank in advance!
This may not answer your question, but I recommend hard-wiring the RC to the iPhone with a lightning to microUSB cable (available online for about $8). I disable the WiFi on my iPhone completely when flying and it's eliminated a lot of headaches.

does rth still work when using otg connection? and does it affect distance I can fly?

If you purchased the rc separate you must go through the pairing process, rc to spark before opening the app. Once the pairing of the rc and spark are completed you must open the dji app, search for spark rc on your wifi then enter the rc wifi password located on the backside of the rc

Thanks for your suggestions but my problem is the wifi for the controller is not showing up on my iPhone 7... Is there any way to make my controllers wifi show on my phone?
If you purchased the rc separate you must go through the pairing process, rc to spark before opening the app. Once the pairing of the rc and spark are completed you must open the dji app, search for spark rc on your wifi, then enter the rc wifi password located on the backside of the rc

Using the OTG cable to communicate between the RC and the iPhone does not limit the flying distance. Something I learned through the many useful YouTube Videos (one in particular) is that the WiFi signal the RC uses to communicate with the drone is a much stronger than the iPhone's WiFi signal.

I think the problem your having is that your opening the app first causing the spark to connect to your phone automatically as it did because you didn't have a controller

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav