Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

No video feed with OTG

tgenty

Join
Jan 2, 2018
Hi, I've been using offical and modded DJI GO app 4.1.15 (Android) several times with otg cable over the last 2 months and it did work great.

But since a few day, I have a problem with the video feed as it keeps showing a "signal lost" message and no video. I get the video feed for a sec then I loose it.
However I still can control the AC with the app even when it states there's no signal (and don't get the video). For example I can turn the gimbal up and down with the app even in such condition.

When I connect over wifi, everything's ok.

Also if I use the otg cable with the latest version of official app, obviously I don't get any telemetric data, but the video feed is ok, no "no signal" alert.

I tried 2 different otg cables and 3 different Android phones, uninstall/re install, factory reset the phone and the spark. No luck.
I don't understand it was working for 2 months and now it's not working anymore.

Any idea what could mess with the video feed with the otg cable on 4.1.15?

Thanks!

Hi, I've been using offical and modded DJI GO app 4.1.15 (Android) several times with otg cable over the last 2 months and it did work great.

But since a few day, I have a problem with the video feed as it keeps showing a "signal lost" message and no video. I get the video feed for a sec then I loose it.
However I still can control the AC with the app even when it states there's no signal (and don't get the video). For example I can turn the gimbal up and down with the app even in such condition.

When I connect over wifi, everything's ok.

Also if I use the otg cable with the latest version of official app, obviously I don't get any telemetric data, but the video feed is ok, no "no signal" alert.

I tried 2 different otg cables and 3 different Android phones, uninstall/re install, factory reset the phone and the spark. No luck.
I don't understand it was working for 2 months and now it's not working anymore.

Any idea what could mess with the video feed with the otg cable on 4.1.15?

Thanks!

Nope...no idea.

Good luck...because I seriously doubt you'll find anyone on the board to try to assist in diagnosing and solving your issue, though, as it's probably a serious waste of time since OTG isn't officially supported.

It seems OTG problems are varied depending on device, firmware, cable, and software.

My advice is to just ditch it.

Reactions: MannyCAM2001
I've posted about this problem before (check my profile) and unfortunately have not been able to troubleshoot it. The good news is that if BT is off the WiFi connection works fine, the only minor annoyance is that you get "weak signal" when the connection is in fact still fine.

Thanks for your replies.

Wi-Fi usually works great when I'm flying in open spaces with no wifi interferences.
It's just that otg was more reliable when I was flying in town with lots of nearby wifi.

What bothering me the most is that I can't figure out why it suddenly stopped working ... [emoji35][emoji16]

There can't be any WiFi interference between the RC and your Android that the OTG connection would fix. Have you reread the other threads I mentioned?

I've posted about this problem before (check my profile) and unfortunately have not been able to troubleshoot it. The good news is that if BT is off the WiFi connection works fine, the only minor annoyance is that you get "weak signal" when the connection is in fact still fine.
By the way, on your other discussion, you mentioned that otg worked again with your Android device after you tried with an iPhone (or iPad). Did it actually fix the issue or did it happen again after that?

It happened again the next time unfortunately. There must be some kind of "check" on the FW of the RC or of the Drone.

Nope...no idea.

Good luck...because I seriously doubt you'll find anyone on the board to try to assist in diagnosing and solving your issue, though, as it's probably a serious waste of time since OTG isn't officially supported.

It seems OTG problems are varied depending on device, firmware, cable, and software.

My advice is to just ditch it.
Totally agree. I can’t for the life of me figure out how using this little cable at the risk of losing the most important information, aside from battery power, can be justified. Don’t get me wrong, if the area is heavily congested with Bluetooth and cellular devices, or your buddy has an apple watch and he’s standing right next to you, then yes. But still, no official endorsement, losing vital information and random messages coming up, it’s just not worth it to simply correct a few breakups in the videofeed.
In addition, caching your Sparks video, using a screen recorder, running unnecessary apps in the background forgetting to turn off Bluetooth, apps automatically refreshing. All these could cause video latencies.
I used to use the OTG, but then noticed the same issues I mentioned earlier.
Cheers,

Here's an update.
Today I tried again the otg with DJI go app .15. As mentioned here, it didn't work anymore.
However, I had a strange idea and I formatted the SD card, that was about half full (around 30Gb of the 64Gb card). And I don't understand why, but the video feed came back!
I closed the app, restarted the phone, tried my second phone and all worked perfectly!
As I said, I don't understand why formatting the card changed anything with the video feed but, hey, I won't complain!
Hope this helps some of you [emoji16]

Reactions: Ed Grez

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast