Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Newest Litchi beta supports Waypoints and Orbit for Spark!

I am on beta (4.8.0_beta-g) for Android and .900 firmware, but I still get waypoint not supported for Spark?
What do I miss to get waypoint to work?

I just downloaded Litchi for IOS (beta) but haven't had time to use it yet but have tinkered with it to see how to create waypoints. Has anyone actually used it and is the 2 axis gimbal of the spark causing issues at all? Also, is there a route preview like there is in autopilot?

I bought litchi two days ago and have requested the beta version for IOS, but did not get a response yet.
I stopped flying with the go app long ago because of all the stupid messages in the fpv view, and used vr pro instead.
Now I realize I should have bought litchi long ago. Focus mode is great. It keeps an object centered for me while I fly manually. I no more need to fly in straight lines to make smooth video.
And litchi does not force me to enable obstacle avoidance (slow speed) when starting an intelligent mode.

I’m very excited to get access to the beta and try the waypoints.

I just downloaded Litchi for IOS (beta) but haven't had time to use it yet but have tinkered with it to see how to create waypoints. Has anyone actually used it and is the 2 axis gimbal of the spark causing issues at all? Also, is there a route preview like there is in autopilot?
i have ran a few with the spark on ios beta

Wow, 58 views and not a single comment. Not that anyone apparently cares, but I flew a 7 minute 17 waypoint mission that turned out fricken awesome. This bird has got some cinematic in her, even with that 2 axis. Bird was never under 20 mph and garlic buttery smoof. Your welcome.
ty have't tried yet but am eager

something of interest is the fact litchi has the mission hub where you can plot your mission's online and once saved you can access them from the litchi app on your smartphone. you can even use google earth if you want the added flexibility. go 4 you have to run the mission before you can save it, not so with litchi

Is there a flight path preview that you can run in the app prior to actually flying the course? Thank you.
no u you can export to google earth to run from there

Last edited:
Tried the Litchi beta on Android yesterday. Waypoints and orbit now works with Spark. :D
OTG cable was still connected from my prior flight with the GO4 app and to my surprise OTG worked with Litchi beta as well. I think prior versions didn‘t support OTG.
Bad surprise was, that Litchi beta on Android not silently switched to CE mode (I‘m usually running it in FCC mode) when connecting. :mad:This was always the case with Litchi on iOS but so far on Android Litchi didn’t mess with FCC mode. It didn‘t even display a dialog like in the GO4 app about wrong country etc. you have to dismiss. Seems that convenience is gone with the beta. :(
Same issue with me. Turning automatically from FCC to CE makes the role thing worse.

So I started my adventure with Litchi beta today.

Now let me say - Litchi is not for everyone. I like the DJI app for its failsafes that don’t exist in Litchi. I think it is much more liberal with battery life and go home. I let it fly until a force rth and I landed with like 6% battery, so yes be careful! You have to have some experience before using the app imho.

Having said that - I just finished several autonomous flights and orbits. Wow. Impressed with this little guy. He performed very well. Of course the pucker factor the first time it goes out of range is high!!!! But so far so good. I do have a few comments I will send the developers, especially around the pause button. But again - the product is looking good!

You now basically have the exact same functions and features of the Higher end drones except the battery life. Amazing. Just please, understand the limitations around these apps because you will crash if you don’t....

I wonder how you got your beta versions.
I bought litchi and requested a beta a week ago and is still waiting for any response from flylitchi.

I requested the beta for IOS by e-mail including my apple id e-mail address and expected to receive an invitation code.
Maybe vctech is closed for summer holidays?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe