Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

New York - drones near schools

mikegrad

Join
Jan 6, 2018
hi all, I want to take my kids to fly the drone and the best/ biggest field is at the local elementary school. I would not be flying when school was in session. Just weekends and summer days. Are ther actual laws prohibiting drones on school grounds here In NY?

hi all, I want to take my kids to fly the drone and the best/ biggest field is at the local elementary school. I would not be flying when school was in session. Just weekends and summer days. Are ther actual laws prohibiting drones on school grounds here In NY?
NYC? either way people frown upon drone flying at schools. They seem to assume that the person flying is some sort of pedophile.

Not NYC. Upper Westchester. Not inside any other restriction areas other than a heliport 4 miles away. And I'll have my kids with me so it should negate any pedo issues. ;)

Not NYC. Upper Westchester. Not inside any other restriction areas other than a heliport 4 miles away. And I'll have my kids with me so it should negate any pedo issues. ;)
IMO all would be okay, especially since you'll be with your kids

So as far as I can tell, it's not a law like NY state parks. I'll have to try it and see what happens. ;)

So as far as I can tell, it's not a law like NY state parks. I'll have to try it and see what happens. ;)
If you get any grief...blame your kids ;)

I have both the spark and p3s and love them both but ps3 draws attention it's huge and white and makes way more noise then the spark which is very discreet and let's me go to places to film and take photos and doesn't draw attention to myself
The spark is stealth

I do not believe there are any NYS specific drone laws regarding schools other than not flying over sporting events. If someone has info correcting this please post your sources. Thank you.

I fly at the local school grounds here in Ontario, ny. (upstate) often. Its after school and on weekends. My daughter is a student. No one has ever bothered me or said anything.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit