Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

New user setup question

Kevin Kirby

Join
Jan 9, 2018
I just unpacked my Spark with RC, and have read I can control the drone without a phone. The are paired, and I can take pictures and control the gimble with the thumb wheel, but I can't seem to take off. I have tried pulling both sticks to bottom inside, as well as bottom outside, and the unit does nothing.
I have not registered or created an account, do you think this would result in all functions working except flight?

I have not registered or created an account, do you think this would result in all functions working except flight?

More than likely.

I see that now. This forum is very helpful. So I've downloaded the app, but can't get the vehicle registered. I've tried scanning the QR code but get an error. I've connected to it via Wi-Fi, but it fails to recognize that in the registration phase. This is so frustrating!

I see that now. This forum is very helpful. So I've downloaded the app, but can't get the vehicle registered. I've tried scanning the QR code but get an error. I've connected to it via Wi-Fi, but it fails to recognize that in the registration phase. This is so frustrating!

Have you checked the DJI website for assistance? YouTube?

Power up the controller then the spark, controller light will go from red to green when the spark has conected to the controller. You may have to “pair” the controller to the spark if you bought separate.
Then use your phone to connect to the controller wifi ssid located on the bottom of the controller, type it in don’t scan.

Power up the controller then the spark, controller light will go from red to green when the spark has conected to the controller. You may have to “pair” the controller to the spark if you bought separate.
Then use your phone to connect to the controller wifi ssid located on the bottom of the controller, type it in don’t scan.
I don't see any textbox to type the QR code on the app. Its the DJI GO 4, and my options are Activate Aircraft, Connect to Aircraft, and Enter Camera View. The first is the QR code reader only. The second allows me to connect to the drone vs drone with RC, via Wi-Fi. There is also an option to scan the QR code there. Third, enters the GUI, but lists the unit as disconnected. Where do I type in the QR code.
Thank you for your help.

Try activating your Spark like this:

I am still not able to get this darn thing to work with the app on my phone. I was able to get it to work on my iPad however, so I have been flying it in the house (and outside in the backyard). My question is, can anyone tell me why it won't use the GPS? It will show that it has 8 or 9 satellites, but still says "no GPS".

I am still not able to get this darn thing to work with the app on my phone. I was able to get it to work on my iPad however, so I have been flying it in the house (and outside in the backyard). My question is, can anyone tell me why it won't use the GPS? It will show that it has 8 or 9 satellites, but still says "no GPS".
Here is a pic showing it found satellites.20180113_122028_HDR.jpg

The Spark will fly in Atti mode while inside the house as it is difficult to receive the GPS signal due to your roof blocking the signal.

GPS is a weak signal from satellites in orbit around the Earth.

A GPS receiver such as the Spark can lose a GPS signal while in cities with tall buildings, deep in valleys, or in dense woods.

While you may get some satellite coverage indoors it may not be enough information for flight in three dimensions.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe