Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

New to this

rich777

Join
Nov 16, 2017
Hi folks I wonder if you can help me. I'm new to drones but have been flying RC planes for years.
Just trying to set up my new spark and what I can't understand is how can my phone connect via Wi-Fi to spark and also connect to Wi-Fi to my router to get updates at the same time.
When I connect the phone to the router for an update it tells me to connect to the drone via Wi-Fi but my phone can't do both at the same time.
Anybody got any ideas what I can do.
Regards Rich

Hi folks I wonder if you can help me. I'm new to drones but have been flying RC planes for years.
Just trying to set up my new spark and what I can't understand is how can my phone connect via Wi-Fi to spark and also connect to Wi-Fi to my router to get updates at the same time.
When I connect the phone to the router for an update it tells me to connect to the drone via Wi-Fi but my phone can't do both at the same time.
Anybody got any ideas what I can do.
Regards Rich
Yeah, I struggled with this too. You have to switch from one to the other. In other words, connect to RC, get update message, disconnect, connect to internet while still in the app, download update, then reconnect to RC.
At least that's how I got it done. Probably much easier with an otg cable and maybe there are other ways.

Reactions: rich777
@rich777, you can update the Spark firmware via DJI GO like this:

I found it's easier to install the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 application. If you'd like to do that instead, check out my detailed Spark firmware installation instructions here.

Yeah, I struggled with this too. You have to switch from one to the other. In other words, connect to RC, get update message, disconnect, connect to internet while still in the app, download update, then reconnect to RC.
At least that's how I got it done. Probably much easier with an otg cable and maybe there are other ways.
Yes seems a bit strange I suppose it puts the update via Wi-Fi onto the phone first then offloads it from the phone to the spark.

Thanks i have done all the updates via a pc. With the assistant. Regards Rich

There is a “fly safe app database” that lives in the app that won't update without connection to both Internet and the spark simultanously(why?).
Workarounds are doing it with either OTG cable or bluetooth tethering (or give up).

Always do the Drone firmware with the Assistant to avoid that hassle, but yeah why my android can't use mobile data when the WiFi has no Internet, I've no idea...

Reactions: Ndroner and rich777
Hi guys, i'm kinda having a problem to update my Spark Fly Safe Database. I noticed I only get the message to update when I connect the AC to the phone, a S7 btw, when I do conect via the remote, the message doesn't come up. Any idea of how to get it done? I tried to switch to my home wi-fi for downloading but it's stucked at 0%.

I have been getting the stuck at Downloading 0% for a while, tried several different methods but no luck. I finally got it updated by using an OTG cable, that has been the only thing that has worked for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast