Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

New Spark Owner re: switching from Beginner to Sport

New Drone Guy

Join
Jan 2, 2018
So far I have mostly been flying outside in my yard. I do get a lot of ATTI warnings. I've noticed that when I switch from beginner to sport there is absolutely no difference in the flight characteristics. Couldn't get a clear answer from DJI support. Does it have anything to do with the prop guards being on?
Andy

Did you toggle off beginner mode on the remote app also ?

It seems it should be a safety feature incase sport is accidentally switched on the remote.

Edit. half asleep.

Last edited:
Reactions: New Drone Guy
When I move the switch it doesn’t do anything. Do you have to be a certain distance from the return to home point to activate sports mode?

When I move the switch it doesn’t do anything. Do you have to be a certain distance from the return to home point to activate sports mode?

My apologies, i am half asleep.

What i meant to say was in the phone app, you may need to disable beginner mode.

Last edited:
I did that but it still was stuck in beginner mode. So I am wondering if you have too be a certain distance from the home point to enable sports mode?

I am wondering if you have too be a certain distance from the home point to enable sports mode?
You can enable sport mode at any point. There are no minimum/maximum distances for using that feature.

What do you mean by you were stuck in beginner mode? Is the "Beginner Mode" setting turned off in DJI GO?

When you slide the sport mode switch to the right on the front of the Spark remote controller, does the remote controller beep? Do the icons on the left side of DJI GO change?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav