Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

New Spark coming?

TylerC

Join
Jan 10, 2018
Loc
YYC
I've been watching dji.com on Spark pricing since I purchased mine.

The Spark has been $100 off since before Christmas. The fly more combo has been $250 off. I bought mine in November with a controller for $500. That's essentially a free controller...which is also on sale.

What are the chances they are getting rid of old stock to make room for a new version? Maybe getting rid of controllers to use the Mavic controller?

Guess we will have to wait till their event on Jan 23rd to find out. I'm only having slight buyers remorse right now. We shall see if that gets worse.

Reactions: lowoctane
The only "semi-confirmed" story is of the new Mavic-Air. Seems very Apple-like. Although a new Spark would be interesting.

It may not be a spark, keep that it mind
Well we know for sure from the wording in the announcement that it is a foldable device. There have been a huge number of requests and "wish listings" for the spark from the get go. Foldable arms being number one. More battery life next and so on. I believe it will be a new version combining the Spark and Mavic features along with new ones to create a new quad. We shall see....

If Mavic Air hits the store next week and have strong sales, probably spark will be low end DJI drone and possibly lower the price to $199 instead of releasing new version.
Mavic Air for $600 sounds more attractive but I will not surprised to see $700 (with controller).
I don’t think it’s good idea to make spark 2.

Reactions: Bubbles!!!
Tello is not DJI product.
Probably RYZE just use some of DJI technology then they pay for loyalty which including using DJI name.
Tello is direct competition with Parrot mambo.

Reactions: Kilrah
I don't think DJI will bringing out a completely new Spark in the immediate future. I believe they are interested in keeping an "entry level" drone with a "friendly" price. They may make some software/firmware changes to increase some capabilities, maybe a tech refresh of the hardware to improve some things. But I don't think we'll see a whole-sale change any time soon.

It’s a bit too soon for a new Spark. The current model has only been available for six months really.
Plus, the advert is in no way similar to the last Spark - which was aimed at families, and casual users.

Shows how little I care about the Tello drone I guess xD Didn't even know who makes it and about the manufacturers lol. Thx for the info :)

The Spark becomes cheaper simply because it was too expensive for the target market in the first place...

Reactions: Sparkbart
The Spark becomes cheaper simply because it was too expensive for the target market in the first place...
No it wasn't. If you look how quickly it was sold out in many places and how long wait times where when it came out, then the price was easily justified by the demand.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers