Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

New Firmware v01.00.0700 imminent

Any update on the release of this update?

It pretty much means in the case of my video where I was tracking my 4wd while driving on a beach, it wouldn't go back to where I started but rather land closer to my current location if it had a failure.... and it is selectable so you can use it or not depending on the tracking situation. If you were stationary and the object your tracking isn't then you would want the Spark to return from where it started.
Hope this clears the confusion.... still not sure the interval of dynamic home point update but will be a very welcomed feature.

It pretty much means in the case of my video where I was tracking my 4wd while driving on a beach, it wouldn't go back to where I started but rather land closer to my current location if it had a failure.... and it is selectable so you can use it or not depending on the tracking situation. If you were stationary and the object your tracking isn't then you would want the Spark to return from where it started.
Hope this clears the confusion.... still not sure the interval of dynamic home point update but will be a very welcomed feature.

Video can't be played.
Screenshot_20171005-214812.png

Reactions: Wombatclay
Guys, please be aware that a new version of Spark firmware will be released in the next day or two (assuming final sign off from the PM).
Version - 01.00.0700

New for the Spark:

1. Added Dynamic Home Point updating, which periodically sets the aircraft’s current position as the Home Point.
2. Optimized image transmission quality.
3. QuickShots can now be recorded without an SD card.
4. Added a 3 second countdown when shooting a QuickShot or ShallowFocus photo.
5. You can now switch between and lock transmission frequencies and channels manually.

In testing it's been stable so far and seems to be behaving itself - have not experienced any adverse problems.....
Any news about releasing the update ?

Any news about releasing the update ?
Just updated to the new version via Apple AppStore (Austria).

I was a bit irritated about the description in the change log "sets the aircraft's current position as the Home Point". Wouldn't it be more logical to set the rc's or device's location (the location of the actual operator) as the home point? Assuming I was flying over water and the new "automated home point updating feature" sets the home point right over the water that would mean in case of RTH due to connection loss, low battery or any other emergency event it would return to that point and possibly would land in the water (replace the term "water" by anything you like: difficult terrain, densely forested areas, whatever...) I don't see the adventage of this feature, instead I see an increased risk of returning the aircraft to an unwanted and unpredictable position. Anyone with me?

Reactions: Texas Gonzo
This feature is supposed to be for ActiveTrack only, for which the controller many not always be on the tracked subject.

Also there have been many issues with setting home point to controller location in the past due to varying performance of mobile device location systems, so they're probably a bit wary to use that in an automated way now.

Reactions: SpeedCore
Do I need to downgrade the firmware, to use "force FCC" with 4.1.9? It shows 13 Channels, which is CE obviously...

i keep checking for update on Aircraft Firmware: V 01.00.0700 and see nothing. Im still on 600.
is something wrong or hasn't it been released yet?

Reactions: hendywidodo
i keep checking for update on Aircraft Firmware: V 01.00.0700 and see nothing. Im still on 600.
is something wrong or hasn't it been released yet?

Both, somerthing is wrong which is why it hasn’t been released yet (after almost 2 months of being “imminent”) Seems to me that they are trying to fix the bugs in the Go4 app first.

I successfully downloaded the offline map, after installing the latest version of DjiGo4 from Playstore.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast