Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Need some help with a Spark Gimbal Repair

Linuxglobal

Join
Mar 5, 2018
Hi Guys,

Im on the other forums but new to the sparkPilots platform.

I recently acquired a DJI Spark for my gf that was involved in a crash with a tree, sadly the tree won the stand off.

The drone lost an arm, and the gimbal was damaged during the battle.
spark Roll motor.jpg

The systems still work, battery etc are all in good shape.
Im looking to find the rear gimbal arm somewhere, or the entire roll motor assembly, but I cant seem to find anything.

If anyone has made or 3D printed a design for this, that would also work as I can affix the new unit onto the back.

My other solution is to 3D print a new backing for the motor and use 3M EC2216 to affix it for life.

Thanks in advance.

Yea I need to do this exact same thing. I would love to be able to 3D print this and am not sure how to take this part off the gimbal to begin with.

Yea I need to do this exact same thing. I would love to be able to 3D print this and am not sure how to take this part off the gimbal to begin with.
i didnt update the thread but I got it back together with 3M EC2216.

Do you have a 3D printer ??
if you take some dimensions of the part I can draft up a part needed, sadly my sparky has been traded so I dont have it anymore.

Message me and I can draft up the STL for you.

i didnt update the thread but I got it back together with 3M EC2216.

Do you have a 3D printer ??
if you take some dimensions of the part I can draft up a part needed, sadly my sparky has been traded so I dont have it anymore.

Message me and I can draft up the STL for you.

Yes I do have a 3D printer, I did just find the part on ebay though, its just going to take a month to get here. I would totally send you the dimensions though. Ill look for my caliper tonight. Im not sure how to take it off the camera yet either.

1PC Gimbal Motor Spare Part Repair Replace For DJI Spark Drone RC Original | eBay

wow thats a great find, i certainly did not find that when fixing mine, a lot of parts are out now which is a nice perk.

If you want to save time then yes printing it will be much easier.
I print my stuff on a prusa mk2s and mk3, most printers will be just fine, you can use ABS for a nice firm support.

I will just need rough dimensions of the back piece, use pictures from the ebay link to draw on top of with paint and then you can confirm from the stl (it will be almost like a thin skin).

If you are lucky you wont need to totally remove it, the gimbal can be accessed enough to slip on the part.

Removing it involves basically dismantling the entire drone, top, main board, IMU, etc all need to come out.

Personally I would order that ebay part since most of these motors get damaged in the crash, mine was fine surprisingly but order it just in case, and we can use the 3D printed one as a patch. Once the new one arrives you can carefully take it all apart swap parts. You may have a bad roll motor when you are done fixing it, cant tell before its all glued back together.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex