Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

ND filter

They act like sunglasses for the camera lens meaning you can use a lower shutter speed, (1/60 is ideal as it is double the 30p frame rate) letting you get the best exposed image with the correct frame rate. ND filters tend to be only be used with video and not photo.

Reactions: Reneng and dirceu86
#8 is good for everyday type stuff (partly cloudy, low light) if you just want to leave it on all the time and launch at a moment's notice.

#16 and 32 are used on very bright days.

Reactions: Reneng
I am finding that when I shoot video wih my Spark espceially facing the sun, the video goes dark even with exposure lock. I tend to turn the Spark around to face opposite where the video is alot more brighter and clearer. So, will the filters (or polarizing filters) helps?

Are the filters heavy and adds weight to the drone?

So that colours can popout even more. I have a nice example where i used ND16

Very nice video. Especially how you fly low above the water. Were you nervious the water won;t splash onto the Spark?

So, are you using ND filters and Polarising filters as one unit?

Just to be sure, when I fly the Spark facing the sun, the image goes dark, I tried to reduce this effect by perfroming a Exposure lock. To reduce this, I should use ND/Polarising filters.

Very nice video. Especially how you fly low above the water. Were you nervious the water won;t splash onto the Spark?

So, are you using ND filters and Polarising filters as one unit?

Just to be sure, when I fly the Spark facing the sun, the image goes dark, I tried to reduce this effect by perfroming a Exposure lock. To reduce this, I should use ND/Polarising filters.
This question will always hunt me: how low can you go ! :) not realy because the spark is very stable if you calibrate it correctly.

About ND filters, see it as sunglasses, the higher the number the less light you record.
Extreme Sunny= 32
Sunny weather= 16 is high enough
Cloudy= 8

In general i always use 16 :)

Turned out to be a great buy so far.
Going to try the ND 16 in the set.

**UPDATE*** and gimbal overload.
Such a bad overload the gimbal would not correct until I rebooted.

I think I am done with filters.
$35 and $45 down the drain.
That would have been close to enough for authentic DJI filters.

Last edited:
Turned out to be a great buy so far.
Going to try the ND 16 in the set.

**UPDATE*** and gimbal overload.
Such a bad overload the gimbal would not correct until I rebooted.

I think I am done with filters.
$35 and $45 down the drain.
That would have been close to enough for authentic DJI filters.
Sorry to hear that. Why would it overload the gimal? Is it because its too heavy? I've just got my self a set of Polarpro. Will try it out next weekend.

Sorry to hear that. Why would it overload the gimal? Is it because its too heavy? I've just got my self a set of Polarpro. Will try it out next weekend.

I intentionally hit a lost RC contact RTL.
And if you have seen how violent the gimbal reacts to the command....makes the horizon all the way to the bottom and then top of the field of view before settling.
I believe weight and hitting the Spark body was the cause.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers