Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

My first video edit ever. Be nice! LOL

NewYorkJack

Join
Dec 13, 2017
We had another snowstorm yesterday. Hopefully it's the last one for the year! I went to the park early in the morning to capture some "virgin snow" with the Spark.

Video is less than a minute long, Hoping to get better at vid capturing/editing as time goes on.

Enjoy!

We had another snowstorm yesterday. Hopefully it's the last one for the year! I went to the park early in the morning to capture some "virgin snow" with the Spark.

Video is less than a minute long, Hoping to get better at vid capturing/editing as time goes on.

Enjoy!

This is my kind of video!! Smooth, very serene and soothing. Great soundtrack. Awesome work my friend.

Reactions: NewYorkJack
I do enjoy the snow scenery.

Especially untouched.

Thanks for sharing .

Pretty darn cool! Nice work, loved your compositional skills. Yep the soft fades from one scene to another, would have been my choice as well. Images were paced perfectly to match the mood in the choice of music.
You pretty much summed up your flight that day. I also loved how you used the establishing shot (wide high angle view) at the end instead of the beginning.
The only shot I might have included, but that’s personal preference, is an extreme closeup of snow covered branches, maybe a closeup to a reveal or slow rise to a reveal, but again personal preference and certainly not a flaw in your choices. Super nice presentation.

“Hey, I’m making this stuff up as I go along”
Cheers

Pretty darn cool! Nice work, loved your compositional skills. Yep the soft fades from one scene to another, would have been my choice as well. Images were paced perfectly to match the mood in the choice of music.
You pretty much summed up your flight that day. I also loved how you used the establishing shot (wide high angle view) at the end instead of the beginning.
The only shot I might have included, but that’s personal preference, is an extreme closeup of snow covered branches, maybe a closeup to a reveal or slow rise to a reveal, but again personal preference and certainly not a flaw in your choices. Super nice presentation.

“Hey, I’m making this stuff up as I go along”
Cheers

Thanks for the positive words!
The closeup is an excellent idea! Why didn't I think of that?? Next time!! :)

Hi. How did u edit it ?

I used Wondershare Filmora. I love it, it's so easy to use (I'm a complete noob and never used any editing software before). It's simple but has so many advanced features and pre-canned settings. Download the trial version from their website to try it out first if you like it or not. If you publish a video on a non registered version, it'll watermark it with their logo. They wanted $59 for the software which I didn't want to pay since it was a bit steep for me. As I was uninstalling it, it gave me an option to abort the uninstall and gave me a 50% off code. Lifetime license for only $29. I'll bite. :)

I heard Davinci Resolve was also good but it wouldn't load and kept crashing on my older PC.

Thanks for all the positive feedback all. Looking forward to learning more and growing with all of you!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leahandran