Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

My first from 225 feet

Nice video pmshop. I’ve seen that view from a plane window. Jet airlines don’t normally fly that low sure. Small aircraft could be at that altitude, you can’t see through the cloud. You will make drone regulations tighter for everyone. It only takes a couple of idiots to make authorities think all drone pilots are dangerous.
How would everyone like to be restricted to a Drone under 100 grams, max altitude 15m (50ft), only in designated fields, with a maximum number of drone airborne at the same time.
Sounds terrible, it could be a future reality.

Nice video pmshop. I’ve seen that view from a plane window. Jet airlines don’t normally fly that low sure. Small aircraft could be at that altitude, you can’t see through the cloud. You will make drone regulations tighter for everyone. It only takes a couple of idiots to make authorities think all drone pilots are dangerous.
How would everyone like to be restricted to a Drone under 100 grams, max altitude 15m (50ft), only in designated fields, with a maximum number of drone airborne at the same time.
Sounds terrible, it could be a future reality.

Not when you have permission from the local airports.
I got my clearance.
Been flying for quite some time now and certainly not a beginner.
Let's see what did that one airport say near my flight?
Oh yeah, "Go ahead up to 1640AGL. We are not going up until this low fog clears."

I have had missions that get as close as 600ft away from a hospital helipad.
Called in each time to see if they were expecting any traffic.

You would possibly S a brick if you found out I am flying at the 4th of July fireworks tomorrow...less than 0.2nm away from our municipal airport because the fireworks launch pad is next door to the airport.
But I have my NOTAM posted so the pilots know I will be out there.

If you thought that was cool, try this - and read the description:
So until you know the facts...the world is full of complainers.

Last edited:
Pmshop, I apologise for sounding harsh. I didn’t have all the facts. Most viewers of your video won’t know all the facts. Some will be tempted to seek the hack & try to imitate your flights, without authorisation. You would have to agree that such actions would be hazardous. I look forward to your 4th of July video, I only hope in the video post you mention that you have sought & been give permission to fly in that situation.
Apologies from a novice pilot who wishes to preserve his right to enjoy the hobby of flying.

Last edited:
Pmshop, I apologise for sounding harsh. I didn’t have all the facts. Most viewers of your video won’t know all the facts. Some will be tempted to seek the hack & try to imitate your flights, without authorisation. You would have to agree that such actions would be hazardous. I look forward to your 4th of July video, I only hope in the video post you mention that you have sought & been give permission to fly in that situation.
Apologies from a novice pilot who wishes to preserve his right to enjoy the hobby of flying.

Its OK. I preserve the hobby every chance I get too.
I actually thought I was chatting with a salty dog :D
I just saw that I did not put any notice of clearance on the cloud video.
I was in such awe what I captured, forgot to post the details.
At any rate, most people view and comment anyway...not reading the description.

But yes, I will have it documented about the city park permission and airport notification.

Yes indeed
Go here:
Flight Service
and set up an account
Login and under UAS, select planning
Put in all of your information to the flight and coordinates format get a little crazy.
Example: 30°14'21.7"N 98°54'36.0"W becomes 301421.7N0985436.00W
Submit, verify location and it goes live as you asked.
It will show on the map right away under UAS - CONUS selection.
Zoom in, mouse over and there is the language you relay to the airport tower/ manager even though the pilots using 1800wxbrief (most of them) will see it.

First time i take my Spark up this high , was to scared to move it once i got it up there so just brought it strait down. Is there any kind of trailer that i could attach to my Spark to make it more visible that would be safe to fly with.View attachment 5571
You just need to get use to seeing it on the map on your phone and watching your distances. You’ll get use to it.

I know someone (certainly not me ;) ) that has gone to 1300+ feet and never had a problem. After a couple hundred feet colors and strobes won't matter, just look at the numbers re: height and distance and the map. When in doubt, point the red triangle toward home and descend in sports mode.

Went to 1000 today in tripod mode and switched to sport going down , There was a bit of wind up there but im very satisfied with the video i got did not play with any settings.
Is there any software that would let me change camera settings on my PC instead of having to do it live and wasting battery time during changes as i only have 2 batteries for now . And what are you using to edit your video ? i need something simple to start with. NVM for the video found that forum section lol.

Last edited:
Good visibility of the spark is with good weather, around 200-250m for me, 300m i can see it but not so good, it mostly recogizable, beacuse it hangs stil and birds move ..

The dark underside helps in that, bright colour would possably ruin that view. ( Altough i did some yellow tape under the battery and under the rear legs, beacuse in the dirt upside down it is almoist invisibel with the gray color.....)

For high flight, I find it easier to go 100-200m out and then 100m high instead going 100m up right above me.

Reactions: Poletramp

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef