Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Modified DJI Go 4, extra features available for Spark

Interesting software mod, some of those functions look like they're available when you use the DJO Go 4 with the Mavic and the P4P.

DJI just never turned them on for some reason for the Spark

Interesting software mod, some of those functions look like they're available when you use the DJO Go 4 with the Mavic and the P4P.

DJI just never turned them on for some reason for the Spark
I only have the spark but i guess thats what it is. Just soms minor tweaks tot enable stuff. I have autopilot beta and Litchi also. Litchi i didnt try yet but this one seems the easiest tot learn. Autopilot is way top complicated for me atm, maybe later hhh

Ill post soms more screenshots tomorrow.

Reactions: Pixar
All the features mentioned in here are available

... for the Phantom 4 Pro (as demonstrated in the video),

Is the Spark up to the same "firmware" capabilities as a P4P?

I'd be tickle pink if I can get a P4P out of my Spark.

I just don't want to void my warranty just yet with a modification.

I like my Spark just the way it is :).

Just had a couple of flights with this modded version. I have to say it's the best most stable version I've ever flown. I was going between 4.1.18 and 4.1.22 always going back to 4.1.15 because of the infamous OTG problem.
I'm used to the app always crashing around 6 or 7 minutes into the flight. This modded version (I tried it WITH OTG cable) not only didn't crash but you could feel it was much more stable. The image on the phone never showed any signs of bad signal, which usually happens with all previous versions I tried.
Congrats to the guys who made this happen. I doubt I'll use any other version unless DJI get its act together with OTG and more features.
Haven't tried POI and the other features yet but I'll post when I do.

I tried using OTG with hacked app from page 1..

As usual the image go blank.. i tried changing otg cable and all the same

Anyone can help?

Using
Huawei nova 2i
Airplane mode

Spark firmware .0900Screenshot_20180105-112242.jpg

You're right...I apologize for veering off topic, along with the fact that you didn't like my comments which echo 3 similar comments from other "off topic" forum members. Maybe next you create a thread just comment with your own replies.

I have noticed that some people aren’t that friendly on this forum :( Don’t worry about it, just your opinion (which they asked for).

Just had a couple of flights with this modded version. I have to say it's the best most stable version I've ever flown. I was going between 4.1.18 and 4.1.22 always going back to 4.1.15 because of the infamous OTG problem.
I'm used to the app always crashing around 6 or 7 minutes into the flight. This modded version (I tried it WITH OTG cable) not only didn't crash but you could feel it was much more stable. The image on the phone never showed any signs of bad signal, which usually happens with all previous versions I tried.
Congrats to the guys who made this happen. I doubt I'll use any other version unless DJI get its act together with OTG and more features.
Haven't tried POI and the other features yet but I'll post when I do.
I had the same feeling with how stable it is. I think the app thinks its connected to CrystalSky, on the screenshot above you can see something related to CrystalSky is enabled.

... for the Phantom 4 Pro (as demonstrated in the video),

Is the Spark up to the same "firmware" capabilities as a P4P?

I'd be tickle pink if I can get a P4P out of my Spark.

I just don't want to void my warranty just yet with a modification.

I like my Spark just the way it is :).
Im not sure but I lve heard that the mavic pro has the most modes enabled. Wich things you think Sparky wont be able to do then?

Did u have the same issue with the original 4.1.15 app?

Yes i have the same issue..

For the first time i used original app from play store and when i used OTG image transmission normal.. only battery gps showed N/A

And then i uninstall and i installed original go app 4.1.15 since then the issue came out until now although i installed the newest app from play store

This issue only happen with OTG.. everything normal using Wifi mode

Last edited:
I'll bet little Spark has these modes but there are not enabled since there isn't double redundancy on the sensors like with the Mavic, they would be a use at your own risk type set up. But if more people test the APP out we might find out what the true capabilitys of the spark really are. It's -10 here in NY today so not much testing for me

I'll bet little Spark has these modes but there are not enabled since there isn't double redundancy on the sensors like with the Mavic, they would be a use at your own risk type set up. But if more people test the APP out we might find out what the true capabilitys of the spark really are. It's -10 here in NY today so not much testing for me

That's a good point on sensor redundancy. I just got a Spark and have wondered why they would restrict these modes that are available on other drones. I am contemplating between this "modified" app and something more sanctioned, like Autopilot. I will probably/hopefully end up getting a Mavic at some point, but right now the Spark is what I have and I would like to use it to its full potential!

I used an older modded app once. It was version 4.1.9. All of the flight modes worked very well. The only issue here is that no flight data is recorded or if it is, it's usually incorrect. But the Spark is more than capable of doing most of the modes if not all that the Mavic can do.

Reactions: jefferson3
Yes I think the spark software is more than up to the task, I would say the hardware isn't. But if I can use those advanced modes with some level of common Sense I think lil spark will be just fine. More testing needs done for sure!

I used an older modded app once. It was version 4.1.9. All of the flight modes worked very well. The only issue here is that no flight data is recorded or if it is, it's usually incorrect. But the Spark is more than capable of doing most of the modes if not all that the Mavic can do.

Gotcha, so the main thing holding people back from using modded apps would probably be the lack of record for documentation's sake in terms of warranty repair. I'm not too worried about that as I am looking to get the most out of the Spark (so long as it can handle it).

Reactions: jleone15022
Yes I think the spark software is more than up to the task, I would say the hardware isn't. But if I can use those advanced modes with some level of common Sense I think lil spark will be just fine. More testing needs done for sure!

Exactly. I think as long as it is known that the hardware is more fragile than the bigger birds then people can test the other modes when appropriate precautions can be taken.

From what I have read on here it seems like a lot of people think the Spark acts like it is still in beta, so we are all testing in a way!

EDIT: or at least the DJI GO 4 app is beta feeling based on the constant updates

Exactly. I think as long as it is known that the hardware is more fragile than the bigger birds then people can test the other modes when appropriate precautions can be taken.

From what I have read on here it seems like a lot of people think the Spark acts like it is still in beta, so we are all testing in a way!
Hell, for any of us who bought it when it was first released, we truly are the beta testers.

Reactions: Texas Gonzo
Interesting that someone managed to mod a version post 4.1.9 as some type of complex encryption was implemented at that time. I've been flying on/off with previous modded versions since July and never had a problem. I tried all the features apart from "waypoints" (didn't work originally and have bad memories of a programmed flight on my Bebop 1 !) and they worked as expected. The terrain follow was pretty impressive although not of much real life use. THE feature of these modded versions that's useful is Force FCC of course if you're not flying in the US.

Sorry for asking but I can't remember if 4.1.15 has the sphere mode ? That's mostly what I use my Spark for these days when weather permits.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe