Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Merging audio track from cache with Spark video

Roger S

Join
Apr 6, 2018
I'm experimenting with manual video settings and I'd like to add my voice narrations recorded in dji Go to the video from the Spark.
  1. The file naming convention used in the cached video (e.g 2018_07_01_11_56_52.mp4) is different from that recorded on the drone (e.g. DJI_0077.MP4). Can someone explain the abscure names used in the cached video and how to match them with the files recorded on the drone so I can use mix the right audio track with video?
  2. I'm looking for a free utility to extract the audio track with the dji Go cache recorded video. I tried the free version VLC media Player, but it will only extract 1/3 of the track. Then I tried Audacity, but it can't open the Spark Mp4 due to it being "an Advanced Audio Coding file"

Maybe Timbre (android app) will do just fine..

Filename? Start date time of cache clip

By the way, I just exported my latest flight video out of the Go app, into my iPhone then transferred to my Mac, opened Audacity, used drag and drop onto Audacity's empty window, and it worked perfectly. You may want to check your version of Audacity, and also any codec updates for it.

So just confirmed that Audacity can open MP4 videos (audio only) and then you can export as whatever you wish, that can then be imported into your software of choice as an additional audio track.

Its a great app... been using it for years to encode MP3s, even though I use pro audio apps like Cubase, Pro-Tools, Reaper, Logic, etc. Its a fast and easy editor.

Shotcut - Home

Audacity ® | Free, open source, cross-platform audio software for multi-track recording and editing.
So just confirmed that Audacity can open MP4 videos (audio only) and then you can export as whatever you wish, that can then be imported into your software of choice as an additional audio track.

Its a great app... been using it for years to encode MP3s, even though I use pro audio apps like Cubase, Pro-Tools, Reaper, Logic, etc. Its a fast and easy editor.

Shotcut - Home

Audacity ® | Free, open source, cross-platform audio software for multi-track recording and editing.
I was going to use Shotcut to mix the video from the drone and audio from dgi Go cache, but I couldn't find a way to extract the audio from the cache MP4. Is there a way for Shotcut to handle that?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers