Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Map is not showing on the app.

Firestat

Join
Jul 8, 2017
Hello fellow pilots.

I did an upgrade using the DJI Assistant and when I started the app on my Android device it was as if I was starting all over again, taking me through the tutorials, etc.

When the app finally came up, the map in the lower left hand corner showed only the arrow of the compass, not my location. I cannot find anything in the app to turn this function on.

I searched the forum and cannot find an answer.

Any help?

Thanks
Firestat.

If you have no internet connection and no off-line maps pre-downloaded, then no map. Off-line maps can be pre downloaded from Go4 app, main screen with the pictures of drones, there is a button on top right (3 bars), it open a menu with "Offline Map", use it.

Reactions: Firestat
Dronason, thank you so much. It worked!

Once again, this forum proves its worth. I have had not one thing go wrong that I didn't get an answer and corrected.

Thanks again
Firestat

Dronason, thank you so much. It worked!

Once again, this forum proves its worth. I have had not one thing go wrong that I didn't get an answer and corrected.

Thanks again
Firestat
You are welcome. Happy flights.

Could be the interference in the area which cuts off the connection as Dronason said pre-download a map before you take flight so you avoid these incidents. :D

If you have no internet connection and no off-line maps pre-downloaded, then no map. Off-line maps can be pre downloaded from Go4 app, main screen with the pictures of drones, there is a button on top right (3 bars), it open a menu with "Offline Map", use it.

Where exactly is this located? I found the menu you are talking about but there is nothing about offline maps. The options I see are - scan QR code, academy, flight records, GEO zones, and find my drone

Where exactly is this located? I found the menu you are talking about but there is nothing about offline maps. The options I see are - scan QR code, academy, flight records, GEO zones, and find my drone
Are you using Android or IOS device?

iPhone 7 - latest iOS
You are right, not in the menu for IOS devices, only Android. Forget that, sorry.
The maps are not off-line style on IOS, it is more cached maps.
See this thread for help on caching map: Tablet for RC Controller
Probably for some licensing stuff, IOS device cannot have maps pre-downloaded and can only cache map in advance when the device has internet connection.

You are right, not in the menu for IOS devices, only Android. Forget that, sorry.
The maps are not off-line style on IOS, it is more cached maps.
See this thread for help on caching map: Tablet for RC Controller
Probably for some licensing stuff, IOS device cannot have maps pre-downloaded and can only cache map in advance when the device has internet connection.

**** thats unfortunate. I generally fly around the area of my cottage which definitely has no wifi networks anywhere close to me. If I cache my maps back at home, does that mean my phone nor the app can restart or else I will lose the cached maps?

**** thats unfortunate. I generally fly around the area of my cottage which definitely has no wifi networks anywhere close to me. If I cache my maps back at home, does that mean my phone nor the app can restart or else I will lose the cached maps?
I know, it is sad. I think that if at home you show your cottage in the map zoom to the area you fly and exit the map, the next time, that area of the map will remain mapped. You can try by turning off internet connection and see if the map remains. Sometimes, it seems it is needed to zoom/unzoom to make it appear.
On the Android version it is a little better but not that much as the number of maps is highly limited as the area a map is covering.

How about a tracking device OP? I know a good tracking device which I have been using for luggages and pets. MY friend also uses it for his drones.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast