Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Looks like otg android is back and app download new app 4.2.16 587 Monday 21st May.

Thanks. I also hope in an improved connection. Nowadays, I lose sometimes signal after the first 100m distance, in areas with no interferences.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gavieboydgi
Thanks. I also hope in an improved connection. Nowadays, I lose sometimes signal after the first 100m distance, in areas with no interferences.
Thats exactly what happens to me, but got to about 300m this morning with no signal warnings. :)

Just tried the 4.2.12 apk on an old 16GB Nexus 5, and OTG is working perfectly, all telemetry present.
I was also able to download offline maps, by switching to my home SSID with DJI Go 4 running in the background. It does take a while for the offline map to appear, but it works for me
LIKE.png
LIKE.png
LIKE.png

My normal device for DJI Go 4 is a Nexus 7 32GB 4G Gen2.
I'll wait a couple of days to see whether a new version surfaces, and then maybe try 4.2.12 on that device too.

The main benefit that I can see, is that it should allow switching to a 2.4GHz connection between aircraft and controller in the EU.
As well as a better live video link of course.
LIKE.png

Edit: A screenshot says it all, WiFi Aircraft-RC is now 2.4GHz, which arguably means better range than 5GHz.
Android phones in the EU have limited 5GHz channels, which meant that my Spark was always previously connecting RC to the phone with 2.4GHz and RC to the aircraft with 5GHz.
As you can see from the screenshot, the Aircraft-RC connection is manually selectable to 2.4GHz with OTG on Android and DJI Go 4 4.2.12

Screenshot_20180418-121139.png

Last edited:
Same with me when I go back to ce mode. I tend to leave it in fcc your connection is so much better.

Same with me when I go back to ce mode. I tend to leave it in fcc your connection is so much better.
Which method do you use to get into FCC? I just own my spark for about 3 weeks so not sure which method still works. Any recommendation which method shall I take to enable the FCC? Fake gps route or Mod DJI Go app?

Which method do you use to get into FCC? I just own my spark for about 3 weeks so not sure which method still works. Any recommendation which method shall I take to enable the FCC? Fake gps route or Mod DJI Go app?
I used this to put my spark into fcc mode and I've tried with new app version 4.2.12 and it works brilliantly.
Here's the YouTube video with links

Reactions: Ooi TL and cozzykim
4.2.8 is all I see in the Play store, so I downloaded the 4.2.12 APK to test on my Xperia XA1 Ultra.

Too windy to do a full test, but quick observation looks like everything is working. GPS, home point, altitude, signal strength. Even offline maps. Phone was on airplane mode the entire time.

Note: might be unrelated, but the first time I turned on the drone connected to OTG, the compass gave an error, with a status of 999. Just be sure to watch for that.

Reactions: suprPHREAK

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit