Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Looks like otg android is back and app download new app 4.2.16 587 Monday 21st May.

Samsung s8s use usb c connection now this fits all old Samsung galaxy phones like s4 s5 and s7

So like that? There must be a connection as it charges my control via my phone when connectedView attachment 4549

Yes, however, not all cables are capable of OTG. Or at least that's what I have read. Mine is micro USB on both ends so all I need to use is the micro USB to USB-C adapter (the other one you are not using). Is your cable just a regular micro USB charging cable?

Yes, however, not all cables are capable of OTG. Or at least that's what I have read. Mine is micro USB on both ends so all I need to use is the micro USB to USB-C adapter (the other one you are not using). Is your cable just a regular micro USB charging cable?
That is what I was trying to find out. Are all cables suitable for OTG as long as you can get the connections to fit or do you need a specific cable. Ya just a normal charging cable from a power bank

Samsung s8s use usb c connection now this fits all old Samsung galaxy phones like s4 s5 and s7

That's right, the "big USB" adapter is to micro USB and not USB-C. So that's the problem. You could try using the cable that came with the phone (already has USB-C on the end) and use this USB to microUSB adapter on the "big USB" end that would normally go into your charger. That would connect to your controller. Not sure if it would work but that's the connections you need on the S8

Samsung gives you the connectors in the box with there phone's that's where I got my first otg connector he's got the usb c ones.
The one he needs is micro usb Samsung one he has the s8 with usb c on the end of them so they connect the wrong way that's why it's charging his phone and not working.

This is the right one micro usb

With this connector this is the right way round and works perfectly for me until I got the goggles OTG of dji website

20180417_191543.jpg

20180417_191550.jpg

20180417_191559.jpg

20180417_184250.jpg

20180417_184304.jpg

Ya I don't have that adapter. Will buy one. Non of my adapters have micro USB on the ends on the S8 connection

Reactions: Gavieboydgi
Samsung gives you the connectors in the box with there phone's that's where I got my first otg connector he's got the usb c ones.
The one he needs is micro usb Samsung one he has the s8 with usb c on the end of them so they connect the wrong way that's why it's charging his phone and not working.

Right, I originally thought they were both USB-C but your picture threw me off. So you got the micro USB to USB connector elsewhere, not with the S8.

Gareth - Rather than go out and get the adapter you need, you're probably better served to just buy a true OTG cable and then use the micro USB to USB-C connector that came with your phone (the smaller adapter) on that for connecting it to your phone with the other end connected to the controller.

This is the one I bought: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0744BW2B2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For those of you that have tried v4.2.12 and the OTG cable on Android, can you still change WiFi spectrums? In other words can you choose the WiFi channel and switch between 2.4 and 5.8GHz?

Just tried the OTG for the first time, what a difference, absolute night and day.
Can't wait to give it a good run out tomorrow.
I'm in the UK us a Samsung S8.
It's so much better and no more stuck on 4.1.15 finally start getting all the bugs fixed I'm still keeping the mod 2 app so I can use the mavic features but I don't think I'll use it that much now. I've just been to look at buying the mavic pro I'll be getting one next week already brought the batterys for it so all I need is the drone on its own I don't need to get the fly more package. But I'll be keeping the spark for definite now otg is fixed it's so much better using it I don't care what other people say the touch responds instantly when connected by otg and the spark is definitely better with it.

Just tried the OTG for the first time, what a difference, absolute night and day.
Have you tried it with the new app yet with otg????

Right, I originally thought they were both USB-C but your picture threw me off. So you got the micro USB to USB connector elsewhere, not with the S8.

Gareth - Rather than go out and get the adapter you need, you're probably better served to just buy a true OTG cable and then use the micro USB to USB-C connector that came with your phone (the smaller adapter) on that for connecting it to your phone with the other end connected to the controller.

This is the one I bought: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0744BW2B2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Yeah I got mine with the s7 plus model.

Reactions: StyxPhoenix
What process do you follow to connect your s8 via OTG? What cable do you have?

I have a Nexus 6P for my Spark, I turn on the phone, AC, RC, mount the phone, and connect the OTG to the phone, wait for the green light on the RC, and then plug the other end of the OTG into the RC, it auto launches the DJI app

Yes Updated it today. All seems fine, as i said never tried it before with OTG but all the telemetry is present and the steam is lag free
Yeah was going to take mine out while I was walking the dogs but the wind is horrendous where I am I've had the spark in bad wind but I wouldn't trust it in these gails hahaha windy as hell. It's supposed to be brilliant weather over the next few days I'll be definitely out testing the sparks new update. I will screen video my s8 tomorrow.

Reactions: Pablo0105
What process do you follow to connect your s8 via OTG? What cable do you have?
I have a an OTG cable like the one in link below(had it for years) :
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0...Mwebp_QL65&keywords=micro+usb+otg+cable&psc=1
I then just plug in the usb cable that came with the S8.
To connect turn on the spark and controller and let them link. Go to the DJi app then connect the cable to the controller and then to the phone. The 'Device connected' should appear in blue and then it will check for updates as usual and the 'ready to fly' will show. Worked first time

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast