Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Looks like otg android is back and app download new app 4.2.16 587 Monday 21st May.

Can people put which devices there trying and if otg is back working again. I've tried Samsung galaxy s8 Android version Oreo and Samsung galaxy s7 6.0 and both are back working with OTG

Hi guys, what process do you follow to connect via OTG? I use the adapter that came with the S8, and then a normal micro USB and all that happens is that my RC starts charging from my phone. Even when I change the settings on the notification panel of the S8 it reverts back to charging the RC1523985492333.jpg1523985520113.jpg1523985556730.jpg1523985573603.jpg

Hi guys, what process do you follow to connect via OTG? I use the adapter that came with the S8, and then a normal micro USB and all that happens is that my RC starts charging from my phone. Even when I change the settings on the notification panel of the S8 it reverts back to charging the RCView attachment 4527View attachment 4528View attachment 4529View attachment 4530
You have it set up the wrong way around you should have that black connector in the remote and a your wire into your phone I'll show you mine give me a sec .

You have it set up the wrong way around you should have that black connector in the remote and a your wire into your phone I'll show you mine give me a sec .
Okay, let me see? That black connector is a Samsung one which came with the phone (it's so you can plug a usb straight into your phone)
It does not fit the remote, neither does the wire end fit in my phone so I can't swop them around?

Yeah that's the end that goes into the s8 connection you need micro usb to usb.
I have that? It all connects to my RC but defaults to charging my RC from my phone instead of sending info across. I wonder if it's because my latest app has now changed to 4.2.8 which does not say OTG support anymore. 1523987528465.jpg1523987542173.jpg1523987556121.jpgScreenshot_20180417-193913_Google%20Play%20Store.jpg

Okay, let me see? That black connector is a Samsung one which came with the phone (it's so you can plug a usb straight into your phone)
It does not fit the remote, neither does the wire end fit in my phone so I can't swop them around?

There are two adapters that came with your S8. The USB-C adapter that came with the phone (the type of connection that the phone has) is so you can convert older USB charging cables or car chargers to connect to your S8. The other is straight USB to USB-C.

The controller has a micro USB-A port on it, which is also commonly referred to as OTG. It is a square version of the micro USB-B that most everyone is familiar with on Android devices. The micro USB-B end of a cable will work with the controller port. Depending on what the other end of the cable you are using is, you would either use the standard USB to USB-C adapter, or the micro USB to USB-C adapter that came with the S8.

Until I saw the photos, I forgot that the S8 came with both adapters as I only use the micro USB to USB-C one on my older charging cables. That's also the adapter I use on my OTG cable since it is micro USB on both ends.

There are two adapters that came with your S8. The USB-C adapter that came with the phone (the type of connection that the phone has) is so you can convert older USB charging cables or car chargers to connect to your S8. The other is straight USB to USB-C.

The controller has a micro USB-A port on it, which is also commonly referred to as OTG. It is a square version of the micro USB-B that most everyone is familiar with on Android devices. The micro USB-B end of a cable will work with the controller port. Depending on what the other end of the cable you are using is, you would either use the standard USB to USB-C adapter, or the micro USB to USB-C adapter that came with the S8.

Until I saw the photos, I forgot that the S8 came with both adapters as I only use the micro USB to USB-C one on my older charging cables. That's also the adapter I use on my OTG cable since it is micro USB on both ends.
So like that? There must be a connection as it charges my control via my phone when connected1523985492333.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast