Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Looks like otg android is back and app download new app 4.2.16 587 Monday 21st May.

Yeah was going to take mine out while I was walking the dogs but the wind is horrendous where I am I've had the spark in bad wind but I wouldn't trust it in these gails hahaha windy as hell. It's supposed to be brilliant weather over the next few days I'll be definitely out testing the sparks new update. I will screen video my s8 tomorrow.

Can you check your WiFi settings and see if you are able to change between 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz with this new version? Another person on a different forum says that all the telemetry works now, but that they can't change WiFi spectrums.

Can you check your WiFi settings and see if you are able to change between 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz with this new version? Another person on a different forum says that all the telemetry works now, but that they can't change WiFi spectrums.

Note8 here, on OREO..
I tap channel, hit apply... Power down AC, power AC up again...viola!
No problem with telemetry or channels

20180417_221430.jpg 20180417_221404.jpg Screenshot_20180417-221137.jpg Screenshot_20180417-221001.jpg Screenshot_20180417-220938.jpg

I keep looking in Google play store and it says ADDITIONAL INFORMATION - Updated April 16, 2018. Current Version 4.2.8. Anybody know what's going on?
It appears they put out the update and the pulled it back. Some of us that already updated are still on 4.2.12, but it would appear in Play Store only 4.2.8 is available - even to those of us who already updated.

Hopefully whatever reason they have, it forces an update to ours as well when they put it back out there, just in case the reason is a bug fix or something.

I have a an OTG cable like the one in link below(had it for years) :
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0...Mwebp_QL65&keywords=micro+usb+otg+cable&psc=1
I then just plug in the usb cable that came with the S8.
To connect turn on the spark and controller and let them link. Go to the DJi app then connect the cable to the controller and then to the phone. The 'Device connected' should appear in blue and then it will check for updates as usual and the 'ready to fly' will show. Worked first time

Get this and you dont need that adapter.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B075QZH6ZD/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just tested everything out this morning. Everything works as it should (even the histogram seems to be working again) Went through two batteries without a single signal warning and zero lag.
Makes it so much easier and enjoyable to fly.

Reactions: Gavieboydgi
It looks like dji have pulled the update from the Google play store for some reason mine is back to showing 4.2.8 again but I'm still on 4.2.12 app just been over in the dji forum and it seems like it's because of some bugs.

It looks like dji have pulled the update from the Google play store for some reason mine is back to showing 4.2.8 again but I'm still on 4.2.12 app just been over in the dji forum and it seems like it's because of some bugs.
Mine still shows the .12 in the Play Store

Mine still shows the .12 in the Play Store
Mine is showing 4.2.8 has done since yesterday I noticed it change. Absolutely no way am I uninstalling mine. I have the APK saved anyway. The only thing I can think of that dji could be fixing is the hight and distance or it could of messed up something with the other drones they sell.

How do you want to measure hight and distance in Atti mode?!?
Yes I figured that out. It never did that on the other versions even when I moved the drone the n/a stayed. As soon as I went outside it fixed itself. I thought even when you fly indoors you get hight and distance data. Mine never changes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pilot6521