Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Looks like otg android is back and app download new app 4.2.16 587 Monday 21st May.

I made the update today, went in a field wide open, 0 interferences, connected the controller to the phone via the otg cable. The drone wifi settings auto, mostly in 5.8 GHz, fcc mode. The video feed was horrible as usually, and the connection interruptions begun after 300m distance. At 500m, it became unusable. Signal lost, huge lag of the comands, etc. It drives me crazy!

Do you have Bluetooth switched off?

So as an old IOS, OTG flyer, I decided to download DJi Go 4.2.12 and see if OTG is working, and YES, it works.. all Telemetry Data available, (battery, height, distance, speed, etc,,) all info just the same as if I was flying on IOS. Photos and Video all good,,SO good news, OTG does work with Android, and yes, Wi-FI, Blue Tooth was off and my phone, Samsung Galaxy S6 was in Airplane Mode..:):) (Downloaded from Play Store..)

Reactions: sebrandao
No, I always let the mobile internet connection on. May that interfere in some way?
Always turn aeroplane mode on it will make sure everything is switched off so you know it's not that if you still get laggy feed.

Reactions: tvon
Sometimes nfc and printing is always switched on by default as well check them setting as well.

It's a matter of messing about with phone settings on my Samsung phone s8 I can change from optimised for battery to high performance in my settings I always have it set for high performance and the screen in 720p and that works on my device it's smooth as butter the video downlink I get to about 4000 feet before my video feed starts stuttering and about 8000 with range extenders on.

Still not sure how you get such a great distance gavie! i took my spark out yesterday, phone aeroplane connected via OTG and flew it straight up i got it to 397ft before it completely lost signal and flew RTH.

I was standing under it the whole time remote pointing at it! maybe london just has way to much wifi hopefully flying in dover this weekend will be a bit better!

Google Maps

Still not sure how you get such a great distance gavie! i took my spark out yesterday, phone aeroplane connected via OTG and flew it straight up i got it to 397ft before it completely lost signal and flew RTH.

I was standing under it the whole time remote pointing at it! maybe london just has way to much wifi hopefully flying in dover this weekend will be a bit better!

Google Maps
Were your antennas pointing at it, or along with it?

Google Maps
I don't no I'm using fcc mod where my spark thinks it's in a fcc country by using a floater app that's all I've done and get brilliant video feed even when I fly over busy areas I really good quality feed. Everything on remote and spark is stock. Try the fcc trick you won't wanna go back.

Any links to this fcc mod Gavie?

Have a look at these Threads.

I don't think you need a modded app?

A fake GPS app is available in the Stores and seem to work for those in the CE regions

Good Luck:)

Reactions: Gavieboydgi
Yeah when you first do it. Press ok when you get the box to change it to fcc mode then when you come to fly your drone all other times just click cancel and it will stay in fcc mode if you accidentally press ok you will have to do the procedure over again with the floater app because it'll switch back to ce Europe mode.

Rubbish weather in UK where I am just starting raining again. Getting the mavic pro Monday. But will be definitely still flying the spark all the time it's a brilliant drone now that I can actually fly with otg again. And finally get the app updated not being stuck with 4.1.15 App. Nearly fell out with the spark and sold it was so close to. But the past few weeks have been brilliant can't wait for some decent weather.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe