Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Looks like otg android is back and app download new app 4.2.16 587 Monday 21st May.

Just got back from testing this app version 4.2.12 577 in high WiFi interference area got to 4000 feet I could of gone further but it was windy as hell and there was massive rain storm clouds everywhere so turned around. Video feed was sharp little bit of stutter here and there but wasn't bad. Here's the screen recording of the flight. Otg on Samsung galaxy s8 Android version Oreo stock everything.

Last edited:
Just got back from testing this app version 4.2.12 577 in highl WiFi area got to 4000 feet I could of gone further but it was windy as hell and there was massive rain storm clouds everywhere so turned around. Video feed was sharp little bit of stutter here and there but wasn't bad. Here's the screen recording of the flight. Otg on Samsung galaxy s8 Android version Oreo stock everything.

Are you using any kind of range extenders? (you may have already said)

Are you using any kind of range extenders? (you may have already said)
No just the remote control on this flight I had very good line of sight straight in front of myself straight from the hill I was stood.
It was getting choppy but still had 4 bars signal and full gimble control.

Reactions: idbl_fanatic
[emoji23] Are you still got a use for the brilliant Nexus 5 phone. I absolutely loved mine and I was gutted when I lost it on a night out I didn't know that it could run the Dji go app. How is it?

I have a N5 32GB still as an everyday phone, still does the job.
The one I use solely for the Spark as a backup is my original 16GB Nexus5.
I also have a Nexus 7 4G 2013 Gen2 to use with the Spark, as it has a pretty bright screen compared to most phones.
My days of spending hundreds of squids on phones are gone, they're getting to be short lived and silly money nowadays.

Reactions: Gavieboydgi
4.2.12 just showed up in Google play Spain
Nice I'm enjoying the spark again now on this new 4.2.12 version app. 5 months of waiting I was so close to selling the little spark I'm so glad I didn't I'm getting the mavic pro Monday but the little spark will still get used loads because you can't fly from absolutely anywhere I love it for that.

I have a N5 32GB still as an everyday phone, still does the job.
The one I use solely for the Spark as a backup is my original 16GB Nexus5.
I also have a Nexus 7 4G 2013 Gen2 to use with the Spark, as it has a pretty bright screen compared to most phones.
My days of spending hundreds of squids on phones are gone, they're getting to be short lived and silly money nowadays.
I'm thinking of getting the Nvidia shield tablet k1 because it's got the HDMI out so you can use any fpv goggles with it and still have telemetry on the tablet and goggles.

I'm thinking of getting the Nvidia shield tablet k1 because it's got the HDMI out so you can use any fpv goggles with it and still have telemetry on the tablet and goggles.
I'm assuming you've never flown something fpv that like a racing drone. I could never fly my spark without the ability to look up at it. The latency scares me. I used to think it was ok until I started racing quads. Now I fly my spark line of sight because I'm worried I'd crash it before I even saw it crashed on my screen. Lol

Reactions: Gavieboydgi
I have the Dji goggles and use them quite a lot but with the spark you can't have the app running at the same time as using the Google's it's either one or the other. Once you connect the Dji Google's they take over. So all telemetry is inside the goggles.

I'm assuming you've never flown something fpv that like a racing drone. I could never fly my spark without the ability to look up at it. The latency scares me. I used to think it was ok until I started racing quads. Now I fly my spark line of sight because I'm worried I'd crash it before I even saw it crashed on my screen. Lol
I'm a very confident flyer and put my trust in dji and there drones and I always try to stay within the law for my country when I fly out on distance I always plan ahead and have different spots the route I planned where I can emergency land my drone and just walk and retrieve it. That's how I plan my flight and my 100 odd flights with the spark I haven't had to use my emergency. Touch wood.

I'm a very confident flyer and put my trust in dji and there drones and I always try to stay within the law for my country when I fly out on distance I always plan ahead and have different spots the route I planned where I can emergency land my drone and just walk and retrieve it. That's how I plan my flight and my 100 odd flights with the spark I haven't had to use my emergency. Touch wood.
New build works perfectly with OTG... Yeah DJI

Is someone using the latest version WITHOUT a Samsung phone and does OTG work? I have an Asus ZE551ML and the OTG cable is definitely not working.. I'm not really sure the cable is good but I have used it in the past.
I'm using Moto X pure edition and my otg cable not working. How do I determine whether it's the cable? Android version 6 and dji .12 update

I'm not getting OTG to work with 4.2.12. It won't show Connected. But, it doesn't try to charge the controller as if the phone is a battery, so something's different. Phone is a Motorola Moto E4 Plus running Nougat 7.1.1. I bought the cable from Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B018M8YEX0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've read the thread and it seems I just need to hook up the cable. Notice in the pic one end is labeled as Host. I have tried putting that end in the controller. No joy. Reversed the cable and it still doesn't work. Any ideas? Thanks.
I'm having the same problem. I have that same cable. I have a moto x pure Android 6 and dji .12

I'm having the same problem. I have that same cable. I have a moto x pure Android 6 and dji .12
It's the wrong cable them micro usb to micro usb have a lot of problems and mostly don't work. Just use the dji otg goggles cable get that then you know it's going to work.

This one definitely works because I'm using it.

Buy DJI Goggles Micro USB OTG Cable

Reactions: Pythonron
Just got back from testing this app version 4.2.12 577 in high WiFi interference area got to 4000 feet I could of gone further but it was windy as hell and there was massive rain storm clouds everywhere so turned around. Video feed was sharp little bit of stutter here and there but wasn't bad. Here's the screen recording of the flight. Otg on Samsung galaxy s8 Android version Oreo stock everything.

god thats impressive! go to Dover this weekend my friends place backs onto a forest so deffo going to try and see how far i can get the spark to fly! although worried about tree interference!

can i ask do you change the position of the control antennas at all? i was flying in an open park recently got it to about 70 meters high above me and it lost connection! this was pre OTG and using auto for wifi channels

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme