Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Looks like otg android is back and app download new app 4.2.16 587 Monday 21st May.

Gavieboydgi

Premium Pilot
Join
Mar 3, 2018

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180416-180440_Google%20Play%20Store.jpg
    Screenshot_20180416-180440_Google%20Play%20Store.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 1,231
Last edited:
Looks like it's still not working hight and distance is still broken everything else like battery and sats is working on the new update and your speed. Can't use it still without hight and distance. Screenshot_20180416-183123.jpg

I deleted all of my app and re signed in cleared all data and tried it again it's still the same.

Just tested (wel turned on drone and connected, didn't go out and fly). Seems like hight does work for me. But distance was not available.
But that could be because I am inside without GPS.

Reactions: Gavieboydgi
Just tested (wel turned on drone and connected, didn't go out and fly). Seems like hight does work for me. But distance was not available.
But that could be because I am inside without GPS.
What device are you using. I'm using a s8 Android version Oreo Europe version.

Distance does say n.a. for me as well.
But height says 0.0 and when I move the drone it updates, but resets to zero after like a second or so.

I am on a Nexus 6P with the latest Android update (Netherlands)

DroneChannel Tim

Just come back from night flying and everything was perfect with otg on Android Samsung galaxy s8 Android version Oreo the hight and distance start off red but once you set off it works video was perfect just letting people know.

Reactions: Tim Uiterwijk
Just come back from night flying and everything was perfect with otg on Android Samsung galaxy s8 Android version Oreo the hight and distance start off red but once you set off it works video was perfect just letting people know.
Very exciting!!! I hope my new Android Samsung galaxy s5 does as well. Hopefully the maps can now be loaded offline as well. Please let me know if anyone figures out how that works.

Yeah maps work offline as well you need to download you map area where you will be flying beforehand the new app is still using map box so you will need to cache it beforehand when your on your home WiFi. Everything worked absolutely perfect for me before it was windy as hell as well. I was so nearly considering selling my spark soon ad well I'm glad I've kept the little Sparkie Gee. Hahaha that's what I've named mine. [emoji23][emoji23]

Yeah maps work offline as well you need to download you map area where you will be flying beforehand the new app is still using map box so you will need to cache it beforehand when your on your home WiFi. Everything worked absolutely perfect for me before it was windy as hell as well. I was so nearly considering selling my spark soon ad well I'm glad I've kept the little Sparkie Gee. Hahaha that's what I've named mine. [emoji23][emoji23]
Could you please explain how you "cache it beforehand".

4.2.12 is available now.
How do you know what version you have. When I opened the GO 4 app tonight it says that it is the current version. I the went to the Go 4 app to the me button to the settings in the upper right hand corner and at the bottom of the page it says DJI GO 4 v4.2.8.

How do you know what version you have. When I opened the GO 4 app tonight it says that it is the current version. I the went to the Go 4 app to the me button to the settings in the upper right hand corner and at the bottom of the page it says DJI GO 4 v4.2.8.
You should be able to open Play store and look for updates and there should be one. If not, keep checking as I'm sure your phone/ device will detect it soon.

That is the right place to look when you are in the DJI GO 4 app, though so it appears your app has not been updated yet.

Reactions: jlsparky
If you tap on the update description in the play store to see more info, at the bottom of the page you can see the version

DroneChannel Tim

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav