Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

looking up...

BrianP

Join
Jan 27, 2018
just a quick observation (no pun intended)...

when the Spark was directly overhead for the first few times, I found it disorientating and even felt like I was going to fall over, when looking up at the Spark.( I have since found that leaning against a fence post can help enormously as the touch of the post seems to calm the sensation of imbalance )

It also seemed quite a challenge to gauge where the Spark was in relation to it's take off point if up high above me. The absence of reference points is probably to blame...
Obviously looking at the display I could establish if the Spark had moved at all forwards, backwards etc.

Anyway... just fancied sharing my findings and wondering if anyone else had found similar...

( I realise flying directly overhead is the worst possible transmission opportunity),

Reactions: Sparkster
You shouldn’t fly any rc aircraft directly above you. Safety implications aside- it gives a weak rc signal. Place your Spark where you want to fly, step back a reasonable distance, then take off.

Hah! I have positional vertigo, so looking straight up or looking up quickly at an angle is always out of the question.

(I have amused my neighbors by looking up to see a hawk sitting in a tree and then falling over to the ground.)

Reactions: BrianP
Hah! I have positional vertigo, so looking straight up or looking up quickly at an angle is always out of the question.

(I have amused my neighbors by looking up to see a hawk sitting in a tree and then falling over to the ground.)

I feel your pain, but admire your fortitude!

Reactions: Sparkster
Yes, I find that. Following it around the sky then flying high it does get a bit disorientating!

maybe I could carry a metpost around for leaning against, anywhere...

metpost.jpg

metpost.jpg

Reactions: ZPFunk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers