Looking for tips on hiding the controller during selfies...

Discussion in 'Spark Discussions' started by GearHead83, Apr 16, 2018.

1. GearHead83

GearHead83 Well-Known Member

So far I have not really used the controller with my Spark. This has made it somewhat easy to obfuscate the fact that I am flying a drone in my photos/video. However I think now I am going to start using the controller more often for a greater sense of control/security. The issue is that the Spark does not have a timer for photo capture (that I know of) and I do not want all of my footage to feature me standing there holding the controller, also I want to be able to participate in activities like biking, climbing etc. I no longer bring along my tablet mount because I like my kit to be small for travel and I no longer use it for most of my applications. I really like the idea of people seeing my footage and thinking "wow that's a cool shot" then only afterwards thinking "wait how did he get that shot?" because I do not want it to be apparent that I am using a drone.

So anyway I am looking for tips/advice on ways to obfuscate the controller from footage. Wondering if any of you other Spark pilots out there have come up with some inventive ways to do this. Thanks!

2. desert spark

desert spark Member

Good question Gearhead83
    I have been wondering that as well. It would be nice if we could trigger a delay with the handset.
    Any advice out there? :)

GearHead83 likes this.
  3. Davezilla

Davezilla Active Member

You could do a few interval shots. Have it take one every few seconds while you stash the controller.

GearHead83 likes this.
  4. desert spark

desert spark Member

Good call.
    Since I just unboxed my new Spark like an hour ago this will be something I will try right away.

Thanks

5. MannyCAM2001

MannyCAM2001 Well-Known Member

Fanny pack! Its all I use when taking selfies.

6. Spark 317

Spark 317 Well-Known Member

Photoshop. :D

Transplant and Davezilla like this.
  7. GearHead83

GearHead83 Well-Known Member

lol should have expected these

8. Spark 317

I've done the wave with one hand and hide the remote behind my back, but it doesn't really look natural.

9. Spark 317

The ability to do that has been there all along, (sort of).

I did a test with the "Timed Photos" in the camera settings and it works well.

Set it for the time you need, let the Spark hover and click the photos while you are hiding the remote, and then pose for the shot you want.

Take all of the pictures needed to get the perfect one and throw away the rest.

Put a coin on the ground so you can return to the same spot before hiding the remote.

10. Teq

Teq Active Member

Use the photo button on the remote with it hidden behind your back. Otherwise the timed shot advice is good.