Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Limited Video Recording?

Jangles

Join
Feb 20, 2018
My videos only record for about a minute, then it stops recording, any clues what this issue could be?? I just did a test in the house after I posted this. This is weird, I made a video and when I opened the bottom video on my computer in was the last 20 seconds of the 3 minuter video, but the one above it was the full video minus the last 20 seconds of the last video. I assume there is a sequence to film a complete video, when I turn everything on the red dot is activated, should I turn that off when things fire up and then when I'm ready to record push the button?

Last edited:
My videos only record for about a minute, then it stops recording, any clues what this issue could be??

Well...what have you discovered or checked on your own so far so we can have an idea what to suggest?

Let me just cut to the chase, I've been recording with the red video dot round, there's a guy on you tube that was recording with the red dot reduced t!o a square? All the tutorials on you tube don't tell you the correct procedure on how to use the sparks video camera, there all about gesture mode and how to get the best cinematic footage. What's the procedure to film a video, I'm pissed I was in downtown Denver today filming the skyscrapers (so I thought and nothing) except my crotch getting ready to fly!
Thanks

Last edited:
Let me just cut to the chase, I've been recording with the red video dot round, there's a guy on you tube that was recording with the red dot reduced t!o a square? All the tutorials on you tube don't tell you the correct procedure on how to use the sparks video camera, there all about gesture mode and how to get the best cinematic footage. What's the procedure to film a video, I'm pissed I was in downtown Denver today filming the skyscrapers (so I thought and nothing) except my crotch getting ready to fly!
Thanks

When the video is recording, the dot turns into more of a square shape. When the square is pressed again, video stops recording and turns into a circle again.

Also, as it is recording, there is a counter/ timer showing elapsed time underneath the red square.

Since recording is being discussed here, I have a question, if I may insert into your TL.....
While flying and recording, sometimes my video will just stop on its own. I hear the red-button-pressed noise and when I look, the button is dim and has a circle going around it...like its buffering or something. Anyone else experience??

Reactions: BrilhasMuito
Since recording is being discussed here, I have a question, if I may insert into your TL.....
While flying and recording, sometimes my video will just stop on its own. I hear the red-button-pressed noise and when I look, the button is dim and has a circle going around it...like its buffering or something. Anyone else experience??
Bad SD card. I had exactly the same issue. Changed the SD and it's been working flawlessly!
Bellow you find the supported SD cards list:

Sandisk 16/32 GB UHS-1 Micro SDHC
Kingston 16/32 GB UHS-1 Micro SDHC
Samsung 16/32 GB UHS-I Micro SDHC
Sandisk 64 GB UHS-1 Micro SDXC
Kingston 64 GB UHS-1 Micro SDXC
Samsung 64 GB UHS-I Micro SDXC

Mine is a Sandisk 64 GB UHS-1 Micro SDXC and like I said it´s doing it´s job.
Becareful with counterfeit ones!
Peace!!!

Last edited:
Bad SD card. I had exactly the same issue. Changed the SD and it's been working flawlessly!
Bellow you find the supported SD cards list:

Sandisk 16/32 GB UHS-1 Micro SDHC
Kingston 16/32 GB UHS-1 Micro SDHC
Samsung 16/32 GB UHS-I Micro SDHC
Sandisk 64 GB UHS-1 Micro SDXC
Kingston 64 GB UHS-1 Micro SDXC
Samsung 64 GB UHS-I Micro SDXC

Mine is a Sandisk 64 GB UHS-1 Micro SDXC and like I said it´s doing it´s job.
Becareful with counterfeit ones!
Peace!!!

Thanks! I’ll change it!

Reactions: BrilhasMuito
[QUOTE="Jangles, post: 42478, member: 7689"I'm pissed I was in downtown Denver today filming the skyscrapers (so I thought and nothing) except my crotch getting ready to fly!
Thanks[/QUOTE] A question- how are you able to fly the airspace in downtown? With all the overlapping NFZs of hospital helipads and people....? Second quest-how is it reasonably responsible to do so considering the possibility of reflected/lost signal etc.?

My videos only record for about a minute, then it stops recording, any clues what this issue could be?? I just did a test in the house after I posted this. This is weird, I made a video and when I opened the bottom video on my computer in was the last 20 seconds of the 3 minuter video, but the one above it was the full video minus the last 20 seconds of the last video. I assume there is a sequence to film a complete video, when I turn everything on the red dot is activated, should I turn that off when things fire up and then when I'm ready to record push the button?
do you have a video time limit or a very small vid card

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit