Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

landing gear mod

spark29

Join
Apr 29, 2018
Hi. Tried this on the other day and the drone was very ustable and on one point it tiped over. What can i modify so that the sensors work properly and any other suggestions are welcome:)
xu4L1yP
YbdO8am
qp250NC

Imgur Imgur Imgur

Hi
It looks too heavy and create too much turbulences from the floating elements, just my opinion.
If the prop guards can be removed or cut, it could help for weight.
You can also try to remove the vertical tube of foam, they don't bring flotation but add weight and drag close bellow the propellers.
Now of coarse it depend on your need of that system for your use of the Spark.

Last edited:
What's the green rubber band? Battery strap?
The front one looks close to the IR sensors which could effect it.

The prop wash needs a smooth place to go and the vertical foam pieces on the struts may be blocking the air from freely passing through.

Try removing those and see if the will Spark fly better, and still floats.

Hi
It is looks too heavy and create too much turbulences from the floating elements, just my opinion.
If the prop guards can be removed or cut, it could help for weight.
You can also try to remove the vertical tube of foam, they don't bring flotation but add weight and drag close bellow the propellers.
Now of coarse it depend on your need of that system for your use of the Spark.

You and I are thinking the same but you must type faster as it takes a minute for me to express a thought. :p

Well the green rubber band is just a security to hold battery safe in place. I know it's close to the gimbal but it hasn't caused any issues without the floatgear. The prop guards holds the construction so
i can't move those. But maybe as # 2 suggest remove the vertical pieces and see if this helps. And of course the hole idea is for it to land on water without any malfunktion.

You and I are thinking the same but you must type faster as it takes a minute for me to express a thought. :p
:p
Always better 2 opinions instead of one, whatever is the timing.

Reactions: Spark 317
Well the green rubber band is just a security to hold battery safe in place.

I've seen a picture here on the Forum posted by somebody else that is similar to the example here but using a large rubber O ring available at an auto store and strapped on this way.

20180617_090129.jpg

The battery has to slide back a little before it falls off downwards.

Reactions: Dronason
Very nice suggestion, Spark 317 Thank's for the tip:) And thank's to Dronason aswell:)

You are welcome.

I haven't but others have due to the smaller clips on the first batch of batteries DJI produced and not being properly attached to the Spark by the pilot.

I have 6 batteries and they look like the older style but I haven't had any problems as I always ensure the clips click and then do a reverse tug to try and pull it OFF before flight.

I have 4 batteries, 2 old clip style. I bought the plastic retaining clip for a couple bucks on Amazon. It does the job and secures the battery nicely, but being that the Spark has such a small airframe, it pretty much eliminates room for landing gear. I think that with a little Dremel grinder, you can modify the landing gear to fit.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EmirOmerov