Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Just bought the dji goggles and excited!

Nickyd

Join
Feb 24, 2018
As per the title!
Any advice for a first time dji goggles user with my spark.
I've done a bit of flying with a be headset which was cool, but this looks far nicer..

I hope....

While you wait for them to arrive, here's a good overview of the DJI Goggles:

Also, you can download the DJI Goggles manual from the DJI Goggles downloads page.

Reactions: Bayou7
Cheers!

Thanks, can't wait!
On a bit of a downer now though, as just read about the 50M distance restriction.
I'm hoping that my NLD mod will or can remove this???

Yes, would love to know your thoughts. Comfort level, visual experience. How heavy after 10 min. Of flying. Power consumption, all this after your first flight.
Intergration with the Spark.
But first enjoy!
Later:)

Last edited:
Thanks, can't wait!
On a bit of a downer now though, as just read about the 50M distance restriction.
I'm hoping that my NLD mod will or can remove this???
Do you have the spark remote? Because if you do, as long as you start up the Spark while connected to the remote (while it's connected to the phone) and THEN connect your goggles, distance/height restrictions are removed.

Reporting back...
All good with the goggles. No weight issues and comfortable.
Feel a bit silly wearing them as so big.
Connected to phone first and removed 50m limit.
Very impressed by the picture quality, even at around 500m .
Impressed friends and had them wear goggles whilst I flew around.
Only on 10th flight but so far so goog

Reactions: MannyCAM2001
Reporting back...
All good with the goggles. No weight issues and comfortable.
Feel a bit silly wearing them as so big.
Connected to phone first and removed 50m limit.
Very impressed by the picture quality, even at around 500m .
Impressed friends and had them wear goggles whilst I flew around.
Only on 10th flight but so far so goog
Awesome Nickyd! Thats great to hear.
Only wish they had a black set. Wouldn’t be so noticeable. But hey, it is what it is.
If you had to fly in close, very precise flying, not high altitude, would you recommend them over using an ipad mini?

Flying close is very hard to judge at the moment . I think it's just practice that's needed but I tend to lift up the goggles and watch the spark until it's well high and away from obstacles.

I like the idea of flying through trees etc but not ready just yet.

Hi I am new to DJI goggle, although I have had my spark for 6 months and love it. I am having trouble with the connection to connect, I want to have some time to mental me through the process please. I am in New Zealand. Email [email protected] whatsapp +64277399964. Thanks kindly James

Hi I am new to DJI goggle, although I have had my spark for 6 months and love it. I am having trouble with the connection to connect, I want to have some time to mental me through the process please. I am in New Zealand. Email [email protected] whatsapp +64277399964. Thanks kindly James
Have you sussed it out yet?
I can help if you haven't.

Do you have the spark remote? Because if you do, as long as you start up the Spark while connected to the remote (while it's connected to the phone) and THEN connect your goggles, distance/height restrictions are removed.
Does this pro

Does this procedure need to be done each time the battery is changed?

Does this pro

Does this procedure need to be done each time the battery is changed?
Yes I have the same goggles if you don't do it you end up with heights restrictions. It's a pain but once you get used to doing it, it takes seconds.

As soon as you turn the white goggles on they ready for flying with a pro once the very first link is done . I have turned my goggles on half way into a flight and a couple hundred feet out . Goggles fired up and the connection was made very fast .

Good news: I just ordered the RE goggles on the Black Friday special for $100 off.

Bad news: Wife won't give them to me until Christmas morning.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe