Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Just an FYI on max distance

SparkyNate

Join
Apr 28, 2018
I live in a rural area so I fly over fields primarily for these tests so really no interference,first test was in auto mode for the WiFi 5.8 channel 149,at 300 feet high I was able to hit 6700 feet out.
Second test was custom mode 2.4 channel 1,I was able to hit 7200 feet out, keep in mind completely stock no range extender or the like.couple things to note I did notice on 2.4 my vid was noticeably choppy and the 5.8 was smoother especially at over 4000 feet, I’m amazed you can fly something so small at such great distance and have it come home and land literally inches from your take off (precision landing) I would be curious to hear from any of you who use any kind of range extender what your getting? Also I find the little circle in the bottom left super helpful in orientation my controller to the craft,moving even slightly left or right of its position can drop signal bars fast!

I live in a rural area so I fly over fields primarily for these tests so really no interference,first test was in auto mode for the WiFi 5.8 channel 149,at 300 feet high I was able to hit 6700 feet out.
Second test was custom mode 2.4 channel 1,I was able to hit 7200 feet out, keep in mind completely stock no range extender or the like.couple things to note I did notice on 2.4 my vid was noticeably choppy and the 5.8 was smoother especially at over 4000 feet, I’m amazed you can fly something so small at such great distance and have it come home and land literally inches from your take off (precision landing) I would be curious to hear from any of you who use any kind of range extender what your getting? Also I find the little circle in the bottom left super helpful in orientation my controller to the craft,moving even slightly left or right of its position can drop signal bars fast!

I have never flown our as far as you, I try to stay within eye site, in the urban areas of builds and trees, and other obstructions. It good to know you can go that far, and I agree that the "little circle" at the bottom left of the controller is really helpful in orienting the Spark with it is flown out so far you can't tell front from back. Enjoy your Spark, I really enjoy mine !!

If you were send the Spark out behind you and then fly forward back towards yourself, over your head and away from you again --- well, I'm not even sure the Spark has the battery power to fly that long and still make it back.. But I'm pretty sure you could max out the straight line distance that way.

Furthest I have flown out is just over 3000 Feet, with extenders, and that was because I wanted to make sure I get her back home. LOL

Furthest I've gone is about 7000 feet with the little spark in fcc mode range extenders that's about just under mile half it still amazes me what this spark can do. The furthest on my Mavic Pro in ce is 2 half miles and still had rock solid video link.

15,134 ft out didn't quite make it back - came within 500 ft then battery gave out. I'll never try that far again, but with right conditions it is possible. Stock Spark, controller, battery, OTG cable and passive parabolic range extender dish on antenna.

15,134 ft out didn't quite make it back - came within 500 ft then battery gave out. I'll never try that far again, but with right conditions it is possible. Stock Spark, controller, battery, OTG cable and passive parabolic range extender dish on antenna.

Furthest complete flight 14,588 ft out (2.8 miles) or 5.5+ Miles round trip. Stock Spark, battery, remote, with parabolic range extender dish and OTG cable to android phone. Attached is video of screen recording with the telematics (not great video quality), but link to the HD version is in the detail section.

Reactions: Raym0016

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChunGreenh