Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

IOS for Spark is better!

Zoran

Join
Sep 22, 2017
Hello to all, after using my Pixel XL phone and my Nexus 7 tablet (both stock Android) to fly my Spark, I bit the bullet and bought a 9.7 inch iPad which is just for flying my Spark, it has nothing else installed other than the Go4 app. I can unoquivically say that the Go4 app works way better on IOS than Android and if you are able, do yourself a favour and use an "i" product for your spark.

Attachments

• 1510350365649.jpeg
    1510350365649.jpeg
    588.6 KB · Views: 98
  • 1510350403836.jpeg
    1510350403836.jpeg
    371.2 KB · Views: 93
Also got an iPad 2017 to replace my aging iPad 2 that couldn't run many apps and had become sluggish (even with a factory reset). I must admit I also got it to run Hangar 360...a few days before Sphere launched. I still think it produces better results though.

Anyway I'm also finding that DJI GO runs better on the iPad, the Dronies are a lot smoother for instance and OTG is not required to avoid the "weak signal" messages. Having said that the larger screen shows more compression artifacts than the 5.5" screen of my Lenovo P2...

Reactions: Zoran
I wish others would realize this. When I bought my Phantom 3, I did a metric ton of research on a tablet. Having spent a bunch on the Phantom, last thing I wanted to do was spend almost the same on a tablet. But being older, I know better than trying to go cheap. Cause all it does is cause frustration and then eventually you buy the right product and wind up spending almost twice as much had you gone with the right product to begin with.

In any event I bought a Ipad Mini as a mostly dedicated tablet for the Phantom. NEVER had a problem with it.

To this day I've got several different sized Ipads; Ipad Air, Ipad Mini, Ipad Pro that I use with my various DJI birds. I've NEVER had an issue with any of my supported Ipads with any of my DJI birds. I read all these threads about people having issues with their Android products thankfully I can't relate...

Yeah there are some who use Android products with zero issues, but more often than not, I see WAY more threads regarding android issues than Apple issues.

While DJI does support Android products their R&D is done with Apple products...

Hello to all, after using my Pixel XL phone and my Nexus 7 tablet (both stock Android) to fly my Spark, I bit the bullet and bought a 9.7 inch iPad which is just for flying my Spark, it has nothing else installed other than the Go4 app. I can unoquivically say that the Go4 app works way better on IOS than Android and if you are able, do yourself a favour and use an "i" product for your spark.

I just picked up a iPad mini 4 for my spark. No chance to try it yet. What holder did you get to make it fit on the controller? Thanks

I don't. I just put my Mini 4 right in the arms of the remote....

I just picked up a iPad mini 4 for my spark. No chance to try it yet. What holder did you get to make it fit on the controller? Thanks

Yeah it's a tight fit ! I was going to get a Mini 4 but in the end I went with the iPad 2017 that was cheaper and has a more powerful chip and a bigger screen of course. I got a convenient $10 bracket to mount it. In case anyone needs one here it is :
710k65vTjSL._SL1500_.jpg

IF you really want to get a mount, I'd recommend the MavMount. I've tried a bunch of different one and the MavMount had the least amount of negatives. It'll fit EVERY size Apple Tablet, you can use it with a sunshade, its also designed in such a way that it keeps the weight of the remote balanced...

IF you really want to get a mount, I'd recommend the MavMount. I've tried a bunch of different one and the MavMount had the least amount of negatives. It'll fit EVERY size Apple Tablet, you can use it with a sunshade, its also designed in such a way that it keeps the weight of the remote balanced...
Thanks for the info, I'll check out the MavMount.

Check this out if you don't want a mount, but it's always good to have a lifeline to prevent dropping it.

To each their own. I've never had issues with Android, on my P3A or Spark. I did buy an iPad mini for the P3, but that was only because there were no good Android devices in the size/price at that time. Had the Nexus 7 stil been available I might have got that instead.

Presently using an Xperia XA1 Ultra, and previously an original Nexus 5, both with Stock Android, and later with Cyanogen/Lineage.

The benefit to iOS is that they have 1 device, 1 hardware set, 1 version of the OS. Easy to optimize for. Android has dozens of manufacturers, with dozens of configurations, several different chipsets options. It lets Android manufacturers make low cost devices, but makes it harder to optimize. On top of that, iOS updates everything to the latest OS until they decide it must die, while Android phones are typically 1 or 2 versions behind ALWAYS.

Now, Crystal Sky from DJI is Android, and nobody is reporting problems there. By focussing on one set of standard specs, the software runs very very well.

OP: if you have those Android devices just sitting around, try flashing them to Lineage. Better memory management, will run better overall.

Will not use apple, here's hoping for a competitor; if Dji continues to favor ios.
I am staying with ISO.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers