Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

I thought it was broken, but...

AeroMirage

Premium Pilot
Join
Jul 28, 2017
Loc
North Carolina
... finally got it fixed!
> Tuesday evening when flying, the Go4 app kept crashing. I was only about 30 feet away and Aircraft disconnected red flag pops up. Then 'she' says "No signal, aircraft will return to home." I moved a stick to see that I was still in control then cancelled RTH. App then went back to white screen with the "GO FLY' icon. I tapped that and app opened again. Seconds later the whole scene repeated itself. Many times over.
> No other warnings at all. (Compas error, interference, nothing).
> So, on my return home, I deleted the Go4 app and reinstalled it. Also plugged in the bird to computer and with DJI Assistant, refreshed the firmware and reset to factory defaults. The did IMU calibration.
So, yesterday, as soon as I got in from work, took her out to test. No changes. Within seconds of liftoff, app crashed, etc. The same thing over and over. No warnings of any kind. I then took it back home and repeated all of the above. (App reinstall, FW refresh, IMU and Compass calibration.)
>
> Took it back out this evening and everything was back to normal!! Yea!!
>
> What I wonder is what happened and why didn't reinstalling and refreshing FW fix it Tuesday evening.
Fluke > Sun spots > Other?
Tried looking at Black box, but that is a huge page of Chinese symbols. No answers there.
Anyone else have this happen?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe