Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

How to find spark if lost

davpmars

Join
Jun 11, 2018
Hey everyone,

If you are unlucky enough to have a fly-away, how would I go about finding the spark? Is there a tracking signal or something?

Depends whether you still have a connection when the drone crashes or autolands or you are fast enough to approach the drone to reconnect before the battery dies. Then you have the exact gps position of the drone on find my drones.
Had this once and it was easy to locate the drone buried half a meter deep in grass and bushes which otherwise would have been hard to find the drone.

In case of a real flyaway with loss of signal you can upload your flight log and I’ve seen people here who precisely predicted the autolanding area of the drone from wind direction and strength, recorded flight path and battery status. Success for finding the drone then depends whether you can reach that area.

Use the find my drone feature in the dji go 4 app and it should give you the last known location before it lost signal. If your fast enough before the battery dies you can track it if you get close enough to it to reconnect.
Also check out your flight log that may get you close.
I never had to use it yet but that’s why I put a Marco Polo tracker on mine for peace of mind just Incase.
Here is how I installed it with a test.
Hope this helps and you find it!

I have my phone number on my drone in case someone finds it. I am also doing like Robin and trying out a Tile. Sure they are short range, sure it might not get updated by another user - but it is better than nothing. Cheap and easy....and they are showing up tommorow. Been looking for an excuse to play with them anyway.

Careful planning and a good preflight - and I hope to never have a fly away.... *fingers crossed*

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme