Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Hi from Somerset, UK (noise question)

Justin

Join
Aug 15, 2017
Hi Everyone! I'm a new transfer from the phantom forum. I've not actually bought a Spark yet but I'm tempted to in the next couple of days as I have trips coming up in Italy, Canada and Singapore this year and the spark is ideal for travel. The one thing that still puts me off drone flying in real nice places is the noise though. I took my P2 to the Lake District last autumn and the one good weather day we had I took it up to the top of Hummers Howe above Lake Windermere and launched. It was loud and lots of people up there were giving me disapproving looks. The wife came over to say it was really loud, even from over the other side of the hill.

I've not heard how loud the spark is so wondering if there's anyone local to me with one that I can see in action before I jump in.

Thanks in advance,

Justin

Too far for a demo but it is definitively less noisy than a Phantom 3 (should be same as a Phantom 2). That said, it will be still loud for other people walking in a forest and you fly over.

Reactions: Justin
Thanks Dronason. Hopefully someone near me will have one for me to hear in person...

Thanks Dronason. Hopefully someone near me will have one for me to hear in person...
Oups, sorry, forget to say first hello and welcome ;)

Hello and welcome

I may be being stupid but I cannot see where your location is?

EDIT: Of course its in the title and not in your profile - doh!

Sorry! I'll update my profile. I'm in Somerset though.

j

SO hi everyone again...thought I'd bosh a post up saying that I finally got a Spark.... a few months ago infact and been flatout with work and travel...

Anyhow.. I bought the Spark without the RC a few months ago and loved it!! Used it waaaay more than my previous phantom drone due to the portability of it and it's arleady been to Italy and the Canadian Rockies in the last couple of months and Singapore end of this month.

I didn't want to spend the extra cash on the flymore package until I knew I'd use it more than my last drone or if it was going to sit in the cupboard....anyhow...fast-forward to now... I LOVE IT AND USE it a fair amount (when I can) however I soon found the limitations (mainly the flight from phone distance) and thought I'd give the remote a punt. So I got one! I just updated to the new firmware (701). After a few failed attempts to update I thought I'd try updating with the phone (iphone 7) connected to the RC via wifi and voila, the app doesn't like updating when it's using the OTG it seems. The update went fine so now I have an RC Spark and HOLY BALLS I was NOT prepared for how FAST and aggressive Sport Mode is haha :D:D:D . Looking forward to trying the sphere and active track with updated home points!

Cheers

Reactions: Andy S and sohpg
Hi @Justin, welcome from a fellow Brit. Pleased to see your reaction to the Spark. It seems to be fairly typical as many people equate its compact form with low quality. I've got a Mavic and a Spark and they complement each other perfectly. Happy flying in Somerset and around. :)

Hi @Justin, welcome from a fellow Brit. Pleased to see your reaction to the Spark. It seems to be fairly typical as many people equate its compact form with low quality. I've got a Mavic and a Spark and they complement each other perfectly. Happy flying in Somerset and around. :)
Cheers fella... the forum is pretty quiet isn't it? I stuck a couple videos up in the photos/video section.

Hi Justin, good to know that you are loving your Spark! I actually love to hear the propeller noise of this lil craft... haha

Reactions: Anthony Geiger

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme