Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Hi from SE Wales

NJP

Join
Nov 15, 2017
Hi everyone.

Just bought a Spark Fly More combo on the Maplin special offer. I'm resisting opening it until Christmas, though.

This is my third drone. Previously had an FC40 and a Phantom 2 Vision plus. I sold the FC40 because I wanted a better quality camera, and sadly didn't end up flying the P2V+ very much at all and sold it about 6 months ago. It was too bulky to carry around on day trips, and I felt a bit self-conscious with it as it attracted a lot of attention.

I'm hoping the Spark, with its quality camera and relatively small size is the solution to all of these problems!

Reactions: Sparkster
Welcome to Spark Pilots! :)

Reactions: NJP
Welcome to the group. The Spark is an amazing piece of engineering that is a pleasure to fly and learn about.

spark is much more discrete and the psychological impact it has on people is its a toy which means without a big camera on it and the portablity is unmatched and you can get away with more.

Its only real weak point is its 2 axis gimbal, non raw photos and poor range when in CE mode (mostly Europe).
Out of that list, only really one of those things will bother most beginners. If I had spark quality photos, videos and ease of use when I got into drones about 4 years ago, I would have been very happy.
All in all its a great little thing and a solid start by DJI, when the spark II gets the mavic camera & transmission gear + longer battery (obvious next step), this will be a must have device.

If I had my time again I probably would have paid the extra for the mavic, but this is a good thing to start with, and when the next update comes along, the extra axis, range, raw photos will be a whole new world to explore.

Inspire 1/X5R owner.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit