Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Help with go4 editor

RoccoT312

Join
Jul 2, 2017
[emoji327][emoji327][emoji327][emoji327][emoji327][emoji327][emoji327][emoji327][emoji327][emoji327][emoji327][emoji327][emoji327][emoji327][emoji327]

I've been messing around with DJI go 4 video editor a little bit and I've made two videos so far. the first one I made did not have a watermark on it, the second one I made had a DJI watermark on the bottom right. not sure how it got there and not sure how to remove it, but would like for it to be gone.

also when I save the video which i made with the editor from dji go4 app with my footage that I took off my sd card which is in 1080 and re-watch it on my phone's video player (google photo) after saving the final cut, it is only in 720p. but when I watch it in the go4 video editor and making my cuts it's in 1080i. When you finalize the movie and save it with go4, it gets reduced to 720p. how do I save it in 1080i?

So how do I add or remove a watermark[emoji780][emoji782][emoji780]

how do save my video that I cut together in dji go 4 in1080i high definition ( not the actual footage from the sd card but the movie that I cut on dji go 4 of that footage) [emoji782][emoji780][emoji782]

Sent from my SM-G930P using SparkPilots Spark Forum mobile app

Last edited:
Regarding watermark, maybe in Go4 app, ME, gear icon on top right, Privacy settings, there are 3 settings named Watermark.

Regarding watermark, maybe in Go4 app, ME, gear icon on top right, Privacy settings, there are 3 settings named Watermark.
Thank you that did the trick for the watermark.

Now anybody got any ideas on how to save it as 1080 and NOT 720 with go4 app

Last edited:
Nice, then I know now what is the use of these settings.

[emoji327][emoji327][emoji327][emoji327][emoji327][emoji327][emoji327][emoji327][emoji327][emoji327][emoji327][emoji327][emoji327][emoji327][emoji327]

I've been messing around with DJI go 4 video editor a little bit and I've made two videos so far. the first one I made did not have a watermark on it, the second one I made had a DJI watermark on the bottom right. not sure how it got there and not sure how to remove it, but would like for it to be gone.
also when I save the video and re-watch it on my phone's video player, it is only in 720p but when I watch it in the go4 video editor it's in 1080i how do I save it in 1080i.

So how do I add or remove a watermark[emoji780][emoji782][emoji780]

how do save my video in 1080i high definition[emoji782][emoji780][emoji782]

Sent from my SM-G930P using SparkPilots Spark Forum mobile app
To get the 1080i video you must get it from the SD card, the cached video on your phone is 720p plus it will also depend on the signal quality when was recorded.

To get the 1080i video you must get it from the SD card, the cached video on your phone is 720p plus it will also depend on the signal quality when was recorded.
Yes I understand that. I did download the full uncut footage from the sd card and it is in 1080. When I watch it in let's say google photo it is in 1080 and you can check the details which confirms that it is 1080.

The problem is when you open dji go 4 and go to video editor and cut a movie and hit complete, the output is switch or only limited to 720. The whole time that you are editing and making cut all the footage is in 1080, but when you finish and go to share your final project, it gets reduced to 720. I would like to know how to keep it or switch to 1080 for the final project. This happens when you cut a movie yourself and when you chose to let the app make it's own highlite movie, both get reduced.

Dji go 4 does have a pretty good and very easy video editor on it but if the output is only 720 it is kinda useless

Reactions: Kyle Dias
Don't know how you've been copying from the card, but it needs to be done in the app by telling it to use original footage instead of the cache and let it download by itself.

I don't mean to sound rude but you guys aren't reading what I've posted or I'm not explaining it the right way to you.

It doesn't matter if I download the footage over WiFi or if I connect the drone to my computer via usb, or even if I take the sd card out and put it in my computer that footage is 1080, FINE. I don't use the cache footage either, I use the original footage that has been taken from sd card

The problem is not the the footage from the drone on its sd card THAT IS IN 1080. The problem is when I go to make a movie on the dji go 4 app (the second icon on the bottom of home screen of the movie clip board [emoji440])and go to create a movie of let's say four different flights, where you cut the footage to take the best parts from those flights then add music, apply a filter, and then save or upload the video. the final product is saved or uploaded in 720. The original footage is still 1080 (No music no filters just uncut footage from drone sd), but the movie that is made from that footage ( with music filters and just the best parts) is reduced to 720.

Last edited:
I had the same question. So I uploaded the video I made with the go4 app to you tube. Although I had the same 720 thing going on the footage uploaded to You tube is playable as 1080 and You tube will only play it as 1080 if I uploaded it as 1080 in the first place.
Very strange.

When I tried to upload mine to YouTube that is 720, it stayed 720

Last edited:
Ok just upload two videos to youtube.
first one is original footage uncut straight from sd card. This one is in 1080 and is use to make video two.

Video two is the movie I made with go4 which is reduced by the dji go4 app to 720p resolution after you use the editor and save your work.

If the original footage is in 1080 why would go4 reduce it down to 720.
Once again I like this app for making movies can't find one for android that does it EXACTLY like the dji go 4 can
I just want to know how to save my work in 1080, and why dji reduces it from 1080 to 720

I just want my work to look as good as it can

Last edited:
Nice love the look!

Yes I understand that. I did download the full uncut footage from the sd card and it is in 1080. When I watch it in let's say google photo it is in 1080 and you can check the details which confirms that it is 1080.

The problem is when you open dji go 4 and go to video editor and cut a movie and hit complete, the output is switch or only limited to 720. The whole time that you are editing and making cut all the footage is in 1080, but when you finish and go to share your final project, it gets reduced to 720. I would like to know how to keep it or switch to 1080 for the final project. This happens when you cut a movie yourself and when you chose to let the app make it's own highlite movie, both get reduced.

Dji go 4 does have a pretty good and very easy video editor on it but if the output is only 720 it is kinda useless
I use only Apple devices and I have tried several times but it doesn't happen to me. Editing a single video or creating a movie with many videos the output is always 1080. The only problem I noticed is that when I add a panorama picture to the movie, the quality is dramatically reduced.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-09-22 at 2.47.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-22 at 2.47.28 PM.png
    27.7 KB · Views: 24
Hi,

the same for me. All videos downloaded from SPARK via DJI GO 4 app, then in editor I'v created a new movie and output is 720p only.
running BlackBerry KeyOne.
Is this really an adroid issue ?
Move to apple device is not a solution for me ;-)

Thanks,
its so sad information...
Will try powerdirector for quick edit in mobile device

The dji go4 editor only created in 720p
Powerdirector seams to be an awesome video editor, but it’s very expensive in my opinion to someone not professional like me.Dji go 4 created 1080i for me, no special settings needed. You could also try to use the GoPro app.

Attachments

• 5BE7EFE8-645A-41BF-A3B9-09C3A908A4A1.png
    5BE7EFE8-645A-41BF-A3B9-09C3A908A4A1.png
    27.7 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav