Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Help on calibrateing

Sparky786

Join
Sep 8, 2017
Hey good friends,hope ur all well.
Ok im really finding everything abit confusing, still in the learning process of spark.
Do i need to calibrate controller?
The spark? Each time i fly?
How do i set home point?
Should i wait for GPS to fly?
I flew the spark in doors so much fum and stable.
But im worries to fly out doors :(
Thanks u guys are always helpfull on this forum.many tnx

Hey good friends,hope ur all well.
Ok im really finding everything abit confusing, still in the learning process of spark.
How do i set home point?
I flew the spark in doors so much fum and stable.
But im worries to fly out doors :(
Thanks u guys are always helpfull on this forum.many tnx
Outdoor is sometimes easier than indoor, but learning is a step by step process.

Good to do it one time or when the RC lamps is blinking red/green.

Not at all.
IMU calibration, the app will tell you when there is need to calibrate. Not bad to do it every 6 months.
Compass calibration, good to do it one time in a really open area with no metal around, bellow or on you. It is important it is done correctly as if this sensor don't work correctly, the Spark will switch to manual control mode (ATTI) and it needs some experience to control it.
Further help here: DJI Spark Accessories & Tips - Spark Help

How do i set home point?
In the main Spark view, SETTINGS, MAIN CONTROLLER SETTINGS, HOME POINT SETTINGS, you can set it by Spark position or Mobile position (need GPS on your phone, it is not dynamic, if you move, it will not follow you, you have to set it again).
It is set also by GPS automatically.
Going back to home point (RTH) works only if GPS is operating.

If you fly indoor no, you will not have good quality in any case.
Outdoor, yes apart if you are a skilled pilot.

Reactions: Sparky786
Outdoor is sometimes easier than indoor, but learning is a step by step process.

Good to do it one time or when the RC lamps is blinking red/green.

Not at all.
IMU calibration, the app will tell you when there is need to calibrate. Not bad to do it every 6 months.
Compass calibration, good to do it one time in a really open area with no metal around, bellow or on you. It is important it is done correctly as if this sensor don't work correctly, the Spark will switch to manual control mode (ATTI) and it needs some experience to control it.
Further help here: DJI Spark Accessories & Tips - Spark Help

How do i set home point?
In the main Spark view, SETTINGS, MAIN CONTROLLER SETTINGS, HOME POINT SETTINGS, you can set it by Spark position or Mobile position (need GPS on your phone, it is not dynamic, if you move, it will not follow you, you have to set it again).
It is set also by GPS automatically.
Going back to home point (RTH) works only if GPS is operating.

If you fly indoor no, you will not have good quality in any case.
Outdoor, yes apart if you are a skilled pilot.
Hey friend thanks for the info and time, when my phone is linked to controller the phone is in aeroplane mode and GPS is turned on, is this fine?
Tnx once again

Yes, do you use android or IOS phone ?

The GPS on the phone will be useful only if you want to reset the home point to your current phone location.
In this setup, to use map you can choose:
- With android you will have off-line map that you need just to download in advance, so it is easy to use.
- With IOS, there is some kind as cached maps but a little more tricky to make them working.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast