Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

help buying dji spark

akinoz

Join
Jul 20, 2018
hello. i have got a crashed dji phantom 1, i bought for the drone fpv, gimbal, camera batteries, etc etc etc., one day i was flying with him, and then he fell from the sky, the xiaomi stop recording, and the drone crashed in the ground. i don't know what happened.

a few months have passed.

the new drone i was thinking is the dji mavic, but its too expensive, and i'm affraid that i can lost the drone.

the xiaomi drone, seems interesting, but i prefer dji

the dji phantom's they are appeling, but i prefer something small and faster to turn on.

next i thought about dji spark, i saw a lot of videos. and looks interesting.

so... buying dji spark still worth it? its a good choice for the price?

in your opinion wich is the best choice:
->from ebay, the seller gives 1 year warranty:
415-420€
  • 1 x DJI Spark Quadcopter Lava Red
  • 1 x Remote Control
  • 3 x Quick Release Folding Propellers for Spark Drone
  • 1 x Intelligent Flight Battery for Spark Quadcopter
  • 1 x Charger
  • 1 x Micro-USB Cable
  • 1 x Storage Box
-> from a store here in my country:
400€
2 year warranty, new, in the box, but only the drone, without remote control

->from a auction website at my country:
500€
dji spark fly more combo with some accesories used

-from dji website
499€
"Buy Spark and get a Spark Remote Controller free.
Buy Spark or any Spark combo and get a 16GB Micro SD card free"

from dji website:
519€
spark fly more combo alpine white (refurished unit)

thanks

I would prefer fly mode combo refurbished, from DJI store.

If you buy drone with RC only, very soon you will search for more batteries to buy, and a charger for them, and a bag to carry your drone too.

You also have to consider buying DJI care insurance.

I got mine on Craigslist from a local ariel photography company. Was able to fly it before I buy it. No mechanical problems whatsoever. Big hassle adding DJI Care Refresh as second owner

But next time I will use DJI.com and get a refurbished Fly More combo. Then you get factory warranty plus easy DJI Care for the inevitable first crash

I would prefer fly mode combo refurbished, from DJI store.

If you buy drone with RC only, very soon you will search for more batteries to buy, and a charger for them, and a bag to carry your drone too.

You also have to consider buying DJI care insurance.

I got mine on Craigslist from a local ariel photography company. Was able to fly it before I buy it. No mechanical problems whatsoever. Big hassle adding DJI Care Refresh as second owner

But next time I will use DJI.com and get a refurbished Fly More combo. Then you get factory warranty plus easy DJI Care for the inevitable first crash

i know that the refurbished drone have more acessories for more 20€, but its a used drone... that is what is making me thinking.... because its a lot of money...

this:
Spark (Alpine White)
499 €

have got a free remote control and card
1x battery
3x propellers
1x usb charger
1x micro usb cable
1x storage box

this:
Spark Fly More Combo Alpine White (Refurbished Unit)
519 €

have got
the drone and remote control
propellers
propeller guard (at the dji phantom 1, at the beginning i used that, but then i remove the guard)
2x batterys( of course 1 extra battery its very good)
charger
power cable
battery charging hub
micro usb
storage box
shoulder bag

between this two, i think the charger its an extra, but not something extremely necessary for me, the propeller guard i will not use. the shoulder bag its something nice, but i think the storage box its ok and enough

i know that its something refurbished, something used, the extras are nice, but the only extra i like more its the extra battery...

they give 2 years of warranty too.

the dji care refresh is 69€...

so, the possible price is: 568€ or 588€...

if i buy from ebay, i talked with a seller, he is selling at 415€ aprox and he told me that the drone its brand new, and:
Packet Include :
  • 1 x Remote Control
  • 1 x Charger
  • 1 x Micro-USB Cable
  • 1 x Storage Box
with 1 year seller warranty...

i live in a area with cliffs and ocean, so its possible that can happen something wrong and lose the drone...

i'm thinking if it worth pay more 84€ or 104€ from dji or 153€ or 173€ with dji care refresh included

what you all think?

Don't go for used drones unless you personally know the owner, there's always a risk when buying something secondhand, and to avoid further flyways and lost drones why not try using a tracker. :D

Refurbished drones sold at DJI.com aren't necessarily used. Many states prohibit reselling a drone as new if the box was opened and item returned unused. Those that were used get a comprehensive inspection by DJI technicians before sale as a certified refurb. That's what allows you to get the full factory warranty and DJI Refresh protection.

I've bought used drones on Craigslist as well. But only when I could meet up and fly in person prior to purchase. Lots of people buy drones and then find they rarely fly them (others upgrade regularly). These devices are very lightly used and sold at deep discount.

I’d go for the DJI refurb, you will want the controller and extra battery (or even batteries!!)

Bought my spark used, met in person to see it fly and see the flight log and some videos made by the drone.

Was able to buy a fly more combo with 3rd battery for €400.. previous owner had all the receipts and the drone is less than 4 months old..
I only buy used when the price is right..

Reactions: RPL
hello again, i found a good deal at the internet, and today i bought a used dji spark

some pictures:
2d7ilaw.jpg

11bmf40.jpg

xlbk20.jpg

the drone have 3 batterys and all this acessories.

the drone was bought by the seller at 22/08/2017, in my country the stores gives 2 years of warranty.

but he had some issues with the drone and sent to dji, the dji sent him a new drone.

this new drone have new serial number, so if the drone have some issues i dont know how to activate the store warranty(it should be until 22/08/2019)... i contacted dji, but the person who talked to me, didn't understand what i was saying, almost looked like a bot talking to me... so if something happen what can i do? contact the store? or contact the dji?!

like i said the seller received a new drone, and then he bought the dji care refresh service until 23/11/2018

today was a very windy day, i was impressed by the dji when the seller show me the drone flying.

wich tracker do you recomend for the dji spark?

thanks

hello. i have got a crashed dji phantom 1, i bought for the drone fpv, gimbal, camera batteries, etc etc etc., one day i was flying with him, and then he fell from the sky, the xiaomi stop recording, and the drone crashed in the ground. i don't know what happened.

a few months have passed.

the new drone i was thinking is the dji mavic, but its too expensive, and i'm affraid that i can lost the drone.

the xiaomi drone, seems interesting, but i prefer dji

the dji phantom's they are appeling, but i prefer something small and faster to turn on.

next i thought about dji spark, i saw a lot of videos. and looks interesting.

so... buying dji spark still worth it? its a good choice for the price?

in your opinion wich is the best choice:
->from ebay, the seller gives 1 year warranty:
415-420€
  • 1 x Remote Control
  • 1 x Charger
  • 1 x Micro-USB Cable
  • 1 x Storage Box
-> from a store here in my country:
400€
2 year warranty, new, in the box, but only the drone, without remote control

->from a auction website at my country:
500€
dji spark fly more combo with some accesories used

-from dji website
499€
"Buy Spark and get a Spark Remote Controller free.
Buy Spark or any Spark combo and get a 16GB Micro SD card free"

from dji website:
519€
spark fly more combo alpine white (refurished unit)

thanks
My choice would be the last one, buy a refurbished fly more combo from DJI, as that is what I did last week! Bought care refresh, an extra battery and stick protector and I am as happy as a little kid!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe