Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Hello from Philadelphia, PA!

Burdman44

Join
Nov 3, 2017
Hi All, this is Will from just outside of Philly checking in. About a month into my DIY Spark bootcamp and enjoying every minute of it.

I flew RC fixed wings for years, so adding the yaw axis to the left stick has required an epic battle with muscle memory (on a fixed wing's RC, the yaw/rudder axis is where our Sparks' camera controls are), but I'm gettin there, lol.

Also relatively new to photography in general so I've been reading through the 'photography for dummies' materials on the interwebs, and now have a basic understanding of the various setting options in the manual camera mode/getting some "interestingly" exposed shots ;-)

Would love to get a meetup together before the weather gets too bad. If anyone else is local to Philly - hit me up!

Welcome to Spark Pilots! :)

Reactions: Stef
Welcome aboard!
Nice little toy aint she?

I love it! Both fun and handy. I have a large family, so when it's picture time at the various family gatherings, it's always a challenging to find someone to take the **** picture. Not an issue anymore...drone has possibly the first "full" family shots ever taken of the whole family without one member out of the shot/behind the camera.

Reactions: Burdman44
Hi All, this is Will from just outside of Philly checking in. About a month into my DIY Spark bootcamp and enjoying every minute of it.

I flew RC fixed wings for years, so adding the yaw axis to the left stick has required an epic battle with muscle memory (on a fixed wing's RC, the yaw/rudder axis is where our Sparks' camera controls are), but I'm gettin there, lol.

Also relatively new to photography in general so I've been reading through the 'photography for dummies' materials on the interwebs, and now have a basic understanding of the various setting options in the manual camera mode/getting some "interestingly" exposed shots ;-)

Would love to get a meetup together before the weather gets too bad. If anyone else is local to Philly - hit me up!
You’re gonna love it! Great flying capabilities and plenty of camera capabilities! Rivals my iPhone 7 Plus camera!

Yore gonna love it! Great flying capabilities for its size...rivals the bigger ones, but more compact and Camera/video capabilities and quality are impressive!!!

Hello Will! I'm Tania, a resident of Philadelphia currently waiting for the Spark to arrive at my doorstep - or stoop as we call it in Philly.

Howdy from the Mid-West.

Hello Will! I'm Tania, a resident of Philadelphia currently waiting for the Spark to arrive at my doorstep - or stoop as we call it in Philly.

Hi Tania! Welcome to the forum/Spark pilotdom. You're gonna love it when you get it!

I've had mine for about 2 months now, and am still continually impressed. I've started trying to sniff out more places to fly, and have been finding some great state parks around us. So far Evansburg State Park is my fav, but have been out to French Creek, Marsh Creak, Fort Washington, Ridley Creek, Bellevue, and Alapocas Run State Parks too. Let me know if you wanna get together for droning some time!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers