Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Hello from NE Oklahoma!

Sooner4lifejj

Join
Nov 6, 2017
Well, a month after buying my MP and loving flying it, I decided to go ahead and add a Spark also. Just couldn’t resist after watching YouTube videos and seeing how small and easy it is to get in the air. Obviously still learning to fly my MP and thought this would help me get more flight time in when I can’t find a large enough area for the MP. Really anxious for the weather to clear to go fly.

Jeff

Welcome to Spark Pilots! :)

Reactions: Sooner4lifejj
Reactions: Sooner4lifejj
Well, a month after buying my MP and loving flying it, I decided to go ahead and add a Spark also. Just couldn’t resist after watching YouTube videos and seeing how small and easy it is to get in the air. Obviously still learning to fly my MP and thought this would help me get more flight time in when I can’t find a large enough area for the MP. Really anxious for the weather to clear to go fly.

Jeff
Hey Jeff, I live in OKC and looking to get a Spark in about a month. As a new flyer, how would you compare the MP to the Spark as it relates to ease of use? Are you mainly a recreational flyer or are you using the MP for any type of commercial purposes? I really like the MP but my use is strictly hobby/recreational so it seems as though I would not take full advantage of most of the MP features.

Hey Jeff, I live in OKC and looking to get a Spark in about a month. As a new flyer, how would you compare the MP to the Spark as it relates to ease of use? Are you mainly a recreational flyer or are you using the MP for any type of commercial purposes? I really like the MP but my use is strictly hobby/recreational so it seems as though I would not take full advantage of most of the MP features.

Hey Nathan, welcome to the forum. Sorry for the delay in responding. I only fly for recreational. I really like the MP, was just getting used to flying and fall and the cold hit and I haven't been out in a couple of months. I got it mostly to get above the buildings and take sunrise and sunset pictures. Still toying around with that as was more focused on learning to fly. This was my first drone, so I had a lot to learn. My son had bought the Spark and I had flown it a couple of times and really liked it. I would usually try to find a wide open area to fly the MP and that could hinder me sometimes, but with the Spark, I can take it out in the backyard and in a lot smaller areas to fly, so I was using it to hone my flying skills. It's quick to get in the air and start flying. The short battery life is a drawback, but adding a couple of batteries solves that. It really takes some good photos and video also. I was pleasantly surprised. It is difficult for my old eyes to keep it in my LOS since it is so much smaller, but I'm not one to try to fly it across town like a lot of folks. I really enjoy it and have flown it more than the MP to date. It doesn't handle high wind very well, but IMO, neither does the Mavic, so the Oklahoma winds can cause issues at times. You can always throw it into sport mode if needed to get back to you. You just have to really keep an eye on the batteries so you have enough to get back. I learned to always fly into the wind and fly with the wind to get back to your home point. I don't think you would go wrong with either one, but for me anyway, I am a lot more careful with the MP just due to to cost of having to replace it if I do something stupid.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers