Hello all wrecked my phantom 3 se bought this!!

Discussion in 'Pilot Check In' started by SparkyNate, Apr 29, 2018.

1. SparkyNate

SparkyNate Member

just like the tittle says i bought a phantom 3SE about a month ago. So two days ago i was flying it and i lost signal at 900 ft or so. Initiate rth and when i can finally see it its violently spinning to the earth like i lost a prop,it landen upside down in the grass,i almost cried i didnt even wanna look!
    Gimbal was bent and one motor was not working (i assume the cause) so i call dji and they tell me to send it in ok i feel better i know i did nothing wrong. But i went to best buy to look around and i saw the spark,it was $399 and i got the remote for free! Some special they where having.its so nice out and i didnt want to be without something to fly,but the real reason will become apparent later.
    Man i love this thing!! So fun,dare i say i enjoy it more then my phantom? Yeah i really do!! Its so much more portable,feels way faster (its not but the punch out is way faster) busting out the phantom is kinda a undertaking in comparison this thing is up and ready in less then a min.
    I realize its marketed as a selfie drone but its so much more then that! Its got outstanding stability for its size,the vids to me are amazing for 1080p and i can live with it only being a two axis gimble vs phantoms 4k and three axis. Flight time is weak but its tiny and batteries are cheap so whatever.bottom line i love it!! But the real reason i wanted it was my grandfather past away a few days ago and the funeral is in his home town,as i child he would always take us out on this huge concrete peir that led to this massive lighthouse (lake michigan) i have not been to this lighthouse in prob 25 years and i wanna go get some really good shots of this thing! And standing on the peir with my phone camera will not do it justice! Sorry long post. I look forward to being part if your forum and learning more about this amazing little drone!

KevinRussell, Larry and Sparkay like this.
  2. msinger

msinger Well-Known Member
    Approved Vendor

Welcome to Spark Pilots! :)

3. RaWine

RaWine Well-Known Member

[QUOTE="I realize its marketed as a selfie drone but its so much more then that! [/QUOTE]

Yeah, DJI made a mistake in marketing. But a GOOD mistake in this case.

4. Spark 317

Spark 317 Well-Known Member

Hello from the Mid-West, SparkyNate.

Welcome to the Forum.:cool:

5. LuvMyTJ

LuvMyTJ Administrator
    Staff Member

Hello,
    It is a pleasure to welcome you to the SparkPilots forum.
    I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI Spark quadcopter’s.
    Enjoy!
    *DJI Spark Manual: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Spark/Spark User Manual V1.6-.pdf

6. Old Man Grizz

Old Man Grizz Active Member

Welcome!
    As an Old Guy who has learned ALOT from these Wonderful Folks on this Forum, I welcome You!
    These People are So Nice, and So helpful!!
    Enjoy Your Spark!!!!
    I love my “Skeeter!”
    And again, “Howdy!”
    Old Man Grizz

7. Larry

Larry New Member

Hi from Surrey BC Canada,
    Totally agree with your reasoning for loving the Spark, it really is practical, and so much more than just a selfie drone! Also, I’m sorry for the loss of your Grandfather, May you collect special images of the important place you once shared with him.
    Larry