Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Guerrilla filming/photography

Brelsh

Join
Sep 19, 2017
Loc
UK
This might tweak the nips of a few folk out there, but does anyone use this amazing little drone to take aerial photos where you know something along the lines of a phantom would just get you noticed by either the filth or general public?

Not like super illegal! But just places where you would never fly a bigger drone??

I personally would never do such a thing! But I have this friend who rides a motorbike and carries it with him at all times ready to pop it in the air in unusual places or at interesting events.

Me too, I prefer to fly without all the people asking questions, hey what’s that, can I fly it?

Reactions: bath1968 and Brelsh
The Spark fitted with propeller guards, landing gear and a few LED spots to illuminate its surroundings would be the ideal SAR drone in my opinion. That way it could be used in dark and narrow spaces or too dangerous to enter buildings after an earthquake... I could quickly think of many more examples.

Reactions: Brelsh
I once took off from the middle of an outdoor café tabletop. It was more to test the public‘s reaction more than to actually fly it. Starting was a breeze, landing 10 min later (invisible in between) on the table between coffee cups made the people notice though. However, nobody complained or seemed to oppose. I imagine only possible with a Spark ... The trick is to be quick and only bother surrounding people for a minimum amount of time (it flies 100m away within <15s). Don‘t fly circles nearby people, that‘s always annoying.

Reactions: Brelsh
Totally agree, not once would I call the Phantom 3 pro unobtrusive but the spark is up in the air in seconds and out of hearing seconds after. great for going to the top of a multi story car park in the city and just exploring

Reactions: Anthony Geiger

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers