Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

GPS accuracy

shutter13

Join
Dec 1, 2017
So I was flying my phantom 4 at a city park the other day and decided to do some pianos with my spark. I had gotten a warning about unpaved landing strips while flying the phantom. When I tried to lift off with the spark, it flat out refused to fly, saying it was a no fly zone. Is the gps accuracy better in the phantom? I was a few miles from restricted airspace (a prison). And until I hooked up my iPad with LTE, the maps wouldn’t even load. But even then there was only a warning zone in the area.

So I was flying my phantom 4 at a city park the other day and decided to do some pianos with my spark. I had gotten a warning about unpaved landing strips while flying the phantom. When I tried to lift off with the spark, it flat out refused to fly, saying it was a no fly zone. Is the gps accuracy better in the phantom? I was a few miles from restricted airspace (a prison). And until I hooked up my iPad with LTE, the maps wouldn’t even load. But even then there was only a warning zone in the area.
No but depending on how many and which satellites and what constellation and where the sats were positioned in the sky as well as the current HDOP/VDOP at time of lock would all determine the positional accuracy.

I find this quite interesting...did you use the same phone/tablet while flying both?

I find this quite interesting...did you use the same phone/tablet while flying both?

No, I use an iPad with the Phantom and an iPhone with the spark. I tried the iPhone with WiFi connection to the remote, otg to the remote and went to my iPhone X. I even tried the same iPad, nothing worked. I gave up and started flying my phantom again, I was disappointed I couldn’t do the pano though.

I noticed a few weeks ago that my Spark would not hover. It kept moving up and down as much as a foot. Issue seemed to go away later. Yesterday I was flying low to the ground in sport mode and when I stopped it dropped to the ground, props still spinning. Today, I sent it up and got this error: ultrasonic system error please land as soon as possible. I landed and inspected the Spark. Saw nothing. I went to a field and allowed the Spark to hover about 3 meters off the ground. Intermittently it would dip or rise almost a meter and then return. When I fly it now, In sport or regular mode, it will dip to the ground and bounce back up. But no more errors. Anyone seen this?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe