Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Got a bad battery from Best Buy

shawnski451

Join
Dec 3, 2017
Well, I went for that 2 for $75.00 battery deal from Best Buy last week and found that one of the batteries will not charge. Not sure if maybe I'm doing something wrong or if this is just something that happens...

Anyone ever have this issue?

Sometimes a battery will be in hibernation mode too long and discharged to the point of failure.

Put the battery in the charger and leave it for a while.
If no go then exchange it for a new one.

You might be able to do that a local Best Buy?

Well, I went for that 2 for $75.00 battery deal from Best Buy last week and found that one of the batteries will not charge. Not sure if maybe I'm doing something wrong or if this is just something that happens...

Anyone ever have this issue?

I too have purchased a bad battery from Best Buy. When I got it home it would not charge the first two lights would flash very slowly. Took it back to Best Buy at first they refused to do an exchange as they said it was against their policy to take back drones and they applied this to the battery as well. I had my drone with me and the charger and other batteries. I explained how I had purchased the battery a few hours before and showed that the battery was defective. After a period of time dealing with the clerk and getting nowhere, I ended up speaking to the store manager. They agreed to exchange the battery but the one I bought was the last one in the store. I had they mail me one out from BC

I too have purchased a bad battery from Best Buy. When I got it home it would not charge the first two lights would flash very slowly. Took it back to Best Buy at first they refused to do an exchange as they said it was against their policy to take back drones and they applied this to the battery as well. I had my drone with me and the charger and other batteries. I explained how I had purchased the battery a few hours before and showed that the battery was defective. After a period of time dealing with the clerk and getting nowhere, I ended up speaking to the store manager. They agreed to exchange the battery but the one I bought was the last one in the store. I had they mail me one out from BC
The battery was doing the same thing. 2 lights flashing and not holding any kind of charge after being on the charger for 3 hours.

However I was able to take it back to Best Buy and exchange it without incident. The new battery is all charged and ready for flight.

I bought two batteries 3wks ago, 1.5wk ago I used the new battery on 2nd flight and battery fell out midflight and drone crashed. I got an email that DJI is sending my repair drones back but without a replacement battery. Would it possible to bring the damaged battery to Bestbuy to exchange at 3wks? I know they have a return period for 2wks.

I got my drone and a total of 4 batteries from Best Buy (with Amazon price match). All 4 are doing just fine, but I did find it interesting they were all made in July and August of 2017 so a year old out the door. Y'all seeing the same thing?

I took my battery in and told them the story, they exchanged it for me! YAY!!!

I didn't see any date stamp anywhere on the battery or packaging.
I only see it's a V1.0 2017.05 on the small booklet in the package.

Attachments

• 20180715_125315.jpg
    20180715_125315.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 18
  • 20180715_125337.jpg
    20180715_125337.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 17
Took it back to Best Buy at first they refused to do an exchange as they said it was against their policy to take back drones and they applied this to the battery as well. I had my drone with me and the charger and other batteries. I explained how I had purchased the battery a few hours before and showed that the battery was defective. After a period of time dealing with the clerk and getting nowhere, I ended up speaking to the store manager. They agreed to exchange the battery but the one I bought was the last one in the store. I had they mail me one out from BC

These big-box stores are easy to "wear down", especially if you have a legitimate issue. If you get an employee who won't back down, keep going up the chain. As you saw, the manager gave in. If that doesn't work, keep pushing. Eventually they will have to "call corporate" and will be told to do whatever it takes to make the customer happy. Works even better at places like Walmart, Target or a warehouse club store. Keep going up the chain-of-command. They will give in. Just don't be a jerk and abuse it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EmirOmerov