Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Galaxy Note 4 - GO4 Crashes Frequently

Derek86

Join
Jun 21, 2018
I've got a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (910V - Verizon), and the app frequently crashes during flight, usually at least 2-3 times per battery. I have a controller which doesn't lose connection with my Spark when this happens, but it is extremely annoying and ruins many of my shots. I have looked into various ways of fixing this, including reinstalling the app, clearing the video cache, doing a factory reset of my phone, etc., but nothing so far seems to work. At this point I am considering upgrading the Android OS version from 6.1.1 (the last supported verison) to 8.1, but it looks like it will be a fairly length and involved process, with some potential for unwanted side effects. I am wondering if it is worthwhile to do this, and if it might fix my problems.

Has anyone else who uses a Note 4 tried this option for fixing their crashes? Did it work successfully? Are there any other options that might help?

Thanks for any input anyone might have... this is very frustrating. I have the RC and an OTG cable and that works great.... everything is working flawlessly, except of course for the app crashes. This makes me nervous about flying in certain situations and is ruining what would otherwise be an excellent experience. Thanks for any input anyone might have.

I have a note 4 which runs perfectly. Firstly I suggest you load the latest Android version on your phone. What version of GO 4 app are you running

My DJI Go app is running 4.2.20, and my Note 4 is running Android 6.1.1. What version of Android are you running? Version 6.1.1 is the latest "supported" version for my phone, but obviously not the latest Android overall. Have you updated yours past the last supported Android version?

Thanks!

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 and the app doesn't even go further than opening it and it crashing. I'd like to know how I can get past this so it will work on my tablet

...I to use the Note 4. I been back and forth with it. Didn't crash but....after 10 seconds the video drops to 1 frame every 4 seconds. Did the OTG trick......after fussing with it, it works good now. Some one gave me a fire tablet it crashes every time I start to record. The spark is still filming just no app....and no home return.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav