Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

For you tech types

Davezilla

Join
Dec 25, 2017
Hello,
So after many months with no problems, all of a sudden my Spark will no longer beep when I hold in the power button, my RC and tablet do not "see" the Spark and so can't connect. I tried using DJI Assistant with the Spark linked directly to my computer with a cable, but even then the computer never "sees" the Spark.

I have talked with DJI and they say I need to send it in to fix it. But I am in Brazil so sending it for repair is going to be a pain (apparently only one authorized store in Chile for all of South America). I could send it to the states with a friend, but he doesn't return until December.

So, I want to see if I can fix it. I imagine that it will be a very easy fix (though may be wrong) and wonder if any of you have an idea of how to open up the Spark to fix this problem. Any ideas?

The switch-on procedure is not just holding the button in.

Right, I'm saying that after turning it on, when I hold the power button down it no longer beeps at 3, 6, and 9 seconds as before. And neither the RC, tablet or computer recognize the Spark, even when connected by cable.

It sounds like button presses don’t reach the spark. Something with the battery data lines?
Do the motor LEDs turn on?
There are several dissassembly/teardown guides out there. I guess you already have checked those.
And will be very careful with the tiny flat cables.
I’m sorry I can’t do better.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef